Northeastern University 2021 RD

Purdue has a better reputation for CS by far

1 Like

Oh my gosh that is such a mood. College is EXPENSIVE​:joy::joy:

True that🤦‍♂️

2 Likes

Hey! I just posted something regarding the schools i got into and i would love some input from you guys! I don’t know if i should link it or if it’s linked to my profile already Is UMass Boston Nursing a good choice?

does anybody know when decisions come out in California?

1 Like

did anyone see anything for financial aid?

I think west coast is 5pm PST

IMO, no, NU is not worth the extra $$. My teen got into both NU and Purdue. NU is currently a top choice due to merit scholarship and personal preference of Boston. Without scholarship, NU would have been lower on the list for us.

I’ve been following Purdue official Facebook groups, and they’ve been doing a phenomenal job with communication. It’s a fantastic community and their programs are highly rated.

If my teen doesn’t like NU for any reason after we visit, Purdue will probably be 1st choice. No regrets at all. Good luck with your decision!

1 Like

Anyone got into university honors program?

Apparently one of the choices is you can stay in Boston instead of going abroad.

Do you know what that entails? Thanks.

does everyone have stuff do 6/30/21? I haven’t gotten a decision back yet.

yes, it was like that before i got a decision

@bc10012 Ha. Not yet. Sorry

We get to stay in a hotel lol. We get to stay in Boston but can’t dorm at NU until Spring. I heard the hotels are 5 star. Best part is that we can use all NU amenities and take normal classes, only difference is housing arrangements! Just checked the NUin locations and Italy is not available anymore, so I am going to stay in Boston.

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s the case. I think in the fall they will be able to have everybody on campus…

I was deferred but double-checking, results are supposed to come out today for RD applicants right?

They’ve already said they can’t.

Yep!

Thanks, Yes we are on the Purdue FB group, they are amazing. For us main issue is NJ to Midwest or Boston. Boston is closer, the cost is steep no FA. NU has coop’s maybe the kid can make some money to pay off.
NU is quite popular for Wall street jobs with CS + Econ he has many good career options I think ?
its a huge dilemma and decision to make

I just got waitlisted from Santa Clara university. Damn it feels bad because SCU was one of my safety