Northeastern University 2021 RD

Daughter was deferred EA, accepted to N.U. in program with Connections scholarship $12K/yr (from the Engineering dept?). She is EE. How do we know which program/city she’s going to?

Ok I see she has the choice of Boston, Ireland, or Greece.
She’s Oregon, I think she applied T/O but she has a 34 ACT from early Junior year, 4.0 unweighted, 8-10 APs, lots of volunteering, a few clubs. Oregon shut down quickly and strictly during covid so she hasn’t had the chance to participate in a whole lot.

Got accepted in NE Bound London. I think if I didn’t get accepted into American University I would accept that. London is my favorite city and I’m majoring in International Relations. But with the current issues, I’ll take DC.

I got into NEU with a 100k scholarship! did not expect this. how does it compare to the dean’s scholarship?

It should be on your portal. We didn’t submit anything other than FAFSA and yet our scholarship was there but financial aid isn’t updated

That would be $25,000/year I assume. what is the name of the scholarship they gave you?

it’s just called the honors scholarship. it’s part of getting into the honors college

Northeastern requires the CSS for need based aid. You will need to submit it.

3.72 GPA UW
4.37 GPA W
D21
34 ACT
14 APs
200+ volunteer hours
leadership positions in multiple clubs in school
No sports.
Accepted NUin 18K Merit

1 Like

Did your decision come out? Crossing my fingers for you, friend!

deferred EA; accepted NUin RD (and a dean’s scholarship - total 64k)
major: pharmaceutical sciences

1 Like

At $25,000/year that is similar to the Dean’s Scholarship. In the past there were other perks like a grant for study abroad.

Will they accept the CSS form I didn’t submit (I thought it was)? Will I still be eligible for FA/scholarships if I get it in ASAP?

It was in the Waitlist letter he received today

Yeah I was accepted into the program too. I am really confused to be honest. I’ve never heard of it and neither had anyone I asked.

Accepted for Civil Engineering and Architectural Studies!

1 Like

Pretty sure it will be accepted but it will take a while to get the result if eligible. Call tomorrow to verify.

Thank you so much!! The federal tax returns with the schedule are so confusing. I had the original one submitted but not the one with a schedule. I had to submit two CSS’s because my parents are divorced and it’s so hard to keep track of :grimacing:

how tf are we supposed to convey how ‘interesting’ we are with NO SUPPLEMENTALS.

1 Reply

BooksMan
Attending virtual activities such as webinars, virtual tours, that stuff. Like demonstrated interest

NGPBoston

probablywriting
2h
Helpful! Crazy year. Waitlisted too

vpa2019

FrostyAssassin
2h
Or they’re practicing yield protection because you’re a bit overqualified.

marymcfet
2h
midwest better come out soon, i’m reallyyy stressing even though i don’t really think i have a chance haha

BooksMan

GrandVilla543
2h
Attending virtual activities such as webinars, virtual tours, that stuff. Like demonstrated interest

ChRoGe1313
2h
does anyone know why I was accepted into the N.U.in program when I said I preferred not to be in it. My stats are pretty good, do you think they didn’t have enough room in the regular acceptance

SAT: 1500
GPA: 3.8 uw 4.5 w

4 Replies

BooksMan
2h
They need lower numbers on campus in the fall due to covid so they have students that they want but can’t have everyone on campus in fall.

1 Reply

heyitsme1
2h
Can we appeal decisions? Does NEU allow that?

2 Replies

mamafid

ChRoGe1313
2h
It happens. Hard to say why. I believe that NUin encompasses students from every school. Then, these students transition back into their programs on campus while other students from their programs go out on co-op. A lot of moving pieces as students at Northeastern are always flowing on and off campus.

NovaMom93

ChRoGe1313
2h
Seems like they didn’t have room in their accepted pool, so they offered you NUin because you are highly qualified. It happens. Worst case, you turn it down, and they offer someone else your spot.

NJcollege2021

ChRoGe1313
2h
Whats the major ? Guess if its CS may be full already

1 Reply

BooksMan
2h
And it doesn’t mean you’re less qualified. They still want you but they split how many got to go on campus in fall. It will be no different than if you didn’t do NU in you just do one semester in a different place.

classof2025gal

ChRoGe1313
2h
There’s nothing wrong w/ NUin program. You can stay in Boston if you don’t want to study abroad (they give us the option now).

ChRoGe1313

NJcollege2021
2h
I majored environmental engineering

BooksMan

heyitsme1
2h
Probably not. I wouldn’t recommend. You’ll end up somewhere you love and it might hurt rn but you’ll look back and love where you end up. :relaxed:

1 Reply

batsaimunkh
2h
I’m from North Carolina and still hasn’t received my letter yet

batsaimunkh

batsaimunkh
2h
Dang lot of people got rejected/waitlisted. I’m nervous now.

heyitsme1

BooksMan
2h
Thanks! I was just thinking that it wouldn’t hurt— what are they gonna do? Reject me again? Lol

heyothere
2h
I was deferred but double-checking, results are supposed to come out today for RD applicants right?

1 Reply

orlybh

Jen136
1h
Happened to me too!

TomSrOfBoston

guncleandpa
11m
The freshman class target size has ben 2800 students for about the last 30 years. The target for NU In is about 900 additional students.

arunlabs

TomSrOfBoston
10m
NJ decisions out ?

:+1:Schat723 reacted with :+1:

TC2927

guncleandpa
10m
@guncleandpa 3500 or so 1st year enrollees. 2800 is a little low. they probably accepted 15,000 or so including ED and EA.

guncleandpa

TomSrOfBoston
10m
So the freshmen class is separate from the main freshmen class, in that there would be approximately 3,700 students accepted in total out of this year’s 75,000?

MotherCopter
8m
Daughter was deferred EA, accepted to N.U. in program with Connections scholarship $12K/yr (from the Engineering dept?). She is EE. How do we know which program/city she’s going to?

Skyedog
8m
Got accepted in NE Bound London. I think if I didn’t get accepted into American University I would accept that. London is my favorite city and I’m majoring in International Relations. But with the current issues, I’ll take DC.

whippymop
6m
I got into NEU with a 100k scholarship! did not expect this. how does it compare to the dean’s scholarship?

:hugs:MotherCopter reacted with :hugs:

Rebma07
HS Senior

classof2025gal
5m
It should be on your portal. We didn’t submit anything other than FAFSA and yet our scholarship was there but financial aid isn’t updated

TomSrOfBoston

whippymop
5m
That would be $25,000/year I assume. what is the name of the scholarship they gave you?

whippymop

TomSrOfBoston
4m
it’s just called the honors scholarship. it’s part of getting into the honors college

TomSrOfBoston

Rebma07
4m
Northeastern requires the CSS for need based aid. You will need to submit it.

TC2927
2m
3.72 GPA UW
4.37 GPA W
D21
34 ACT
14 APs
200+ volunteer hours
leadership positions in multiple clubs in school
No sports.
Accepted NUin 18K Merit

classof2025gal

BooksMan
1m
Did your decision come out? Crossing my fingers for you, friend!

smileygrl
HS Senior
1m
deferred EA; accepted NUin RD (and a dean’s scholarship - total 64k)
major: pharmaceutical sciences

TomSrOfBoston

whippymop
1m
At $25,000/year that is similar to the Dean’s Scholarship. In the past there were other perks like a grant for study abroad.

classof2025gal

TomSrOfBoston
1m
Will they accept the CSS form I didn’t submit (I thought it was)? Will I still be eligible for FA/scholarships if I get it in ASAP?

TaraSkye1

guncleandpa
1m
It was in the Waitlist letter he received today

This is the first time samrl2021 has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

samrl2021

pengupengu13
1m
Yeah I was accepted into the program too. I am really confused to be honest. I’ve never heard of it and neither had anyone I asked.

replying…

Bookmark
Flag
This topic is pinned for you; it will display at the top of its category
You will see a count of new replies because you read this topic.
Suggested Topics
Topic Replies Activity
Northeastern University 2021 EA 186
Northeastern University
class-2025
early-action
2.7k 9d
New pet peeve: test optional at top schools 318
Parents Forum
842 21m
Chance me for RD Intl Relations JHU, Tufts, etc 12
What Are My Chances?
class-2025
bowdoin-college
regular-decision
college-of-william-and-mary
american-university
bates-college
15 1h
Covid vaccines roll outs in your state or location 438
Parent Cafe
1.5k 1h
Covid is making it harder to get into a top college 3
College Admissions
242 1h
There are 55 unread and 102 new topics remaining, or browse other topics in
Northeastern University
About Us
Forum Rules
Partner With Us
Press
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service
FORUMS
Community Discussions
Latest Posts

Apply ED! Seriously, Northeastern decided years ago to get rid of supplementals in order to boost the number of apps and reduce the acceptance rate, and it worked like a charm. It gets thousands and thousands of “what the heck” applications every cycle. I guess there is some method that admissions applies in deciding who gets in and who does not, but to an outsider, it looks an awful lot like crap shoot. Bottom line, I don’t care what kind of stats you have, nobody who applies to Northeastern RD should be surprised if they get dinged.

Yes, we know but we aren’t submitting it. I was replying to the other poster :slight_smile:

Are the merit scholarship in the letter ?

How do we signup for the myNu portal any idea ?