Northeastern University 2021 RD

Glitches and stuff I was referring to was people saying financial aid portal changed “slightly,” a new form available in uploaded documents, only taking one attempt to login to portal, etc. These things are what I say mean nothing, because they don’t indicate anything in particular. Anyway, good luck to everyone.

2 Likes

I agree with you…it’s entertaining to watch people analyze every nuanced change of the portal. Sometimes it means nothing…and sometimes it means something!

Until everything is official we will remain patient and hopeful. Good luck to all of you!!

3 Likes

Did you get a screen shot of it? If anything you had to show it to them and make them honor it! :laughing:

You can’t really do this. What’s happened in the past, including colleges like Harvard, Stanford, etc. is that they released acceptances and denials to the wrong people. They will just apologize rather than honor.

It’s completely different though. This is not OP hacking into the system through a backdoor or change some link path though. This is them checking their deferred letter and were directed to a page with letter of acceptance. They didn’t do anything wrong.

I know they didnt but this isn’t actually different depending on the situation. The most likely scenario is that NEU accidentally released the decision early. But what has happened in the past is that many schools informed the wrong students of acceptances and denials. I am saying that they can’t necessarily honor it if he wasn’t actually intended to be admitted, but of course if he was then there is no issue. You can’t make the school honor a regular decision acceptance if they weren’t actually admitted, but instead because of technical errors.

Oh I didn’t know that. That must be terrible for students who got excited just to find out it was a mistake.

Exactly. Can really ruin a student’s self esteem and college journey.

1 Like

“They will just apologize rather than honor.”

However, on the other hand, this kind of mistakes cannot be accommodated and last life long. They HAVE TO fix it and say sorry. Right?

So if nobody reports an admission decision today by 4:30PM, it means today is not the day?

I think they usually send out a tweet signaling when admissions will be released. So I doubt today is the day.

for EA, they didn’t announce until 6. They didn’t tweet until after they started posting.

Had no idea. Thanks for the correction

1 Like

So New England region people will start hearing in 20 min if they come out today?

Nothing is certain. Massachusetts comes out first, then New England etc. This year EA didn’t start to be released until 6:15 Eastern. Small probability that today is decision day.

Just logged into the portal. I was denied. :frowning:

Where are you from?

NH, New England

They’re out???

That said, I was deferred from EA so it’s possible my decision came out earlier.