Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Anyone else get anything?

DD got in for mechanical engineering on Boston campus.

17 Likes

Nothing yet.

1 Like

My daughter isnā€™t home yet. The suspense is killing me :grinning:

2 Likes

Son is in for Data Science in CS School in Boston!

4.2W/3.8UW; School doesnā€™t rank
750V/750M SAT submitted
8 AP classes, has taken 4 tests so far (submitted 2 scores)
STEM research internship; okay ECs; 4 year athlete volleyball; a bit of community service and summer work; not much leadership.

17 Likes

Those who received decisions, did you receive an email, or only a notice in the portal?

They must be going by each individual school.

1 Like

No email. Just logged into portal.

1 Like

No email as well - I happened to be logged in (ironic :wink: ) and just hit refresh.

My daughter was accepted to CAMD. Boston campus. Test optional, 4.2 weighted GPA. Journalism/photojournalism; submitted a photo portfolio.

12 Likes

4.36 W,3.97 UW
34 act
11 aps
Accepted to Honors college for Accounting

12 Likes

My daughter still isnā€™t home. Iā€™m tracking her on Life360 and sheā€™s driving at a snailā€™s pace. :joy:

3 Likes

He messaged me, heā€™s in. Bioengineering/biochem major
4.6 w/4.0uw
TO
Great essay
Ok extra curriculars. Congrats to all!! See you at move in

15 Likes

My DS was admitted to Global Scholars Program. They spend first semester in Oakland and second in London. He did not express interest in this in his application. And in fact, he does not want to go to these other campuses.

Does anyone here know if he is stuck in this program? Any info would be helpful.

In the meantime, Iā€™ll post her stats. NU is a long shot for her.
3.7 W School doesnā€™t rank
750V/660M SAT submitted
6 AP classes, AP Scholar
College Credit for Neuroscience through summer college program; Good EC: volunteers at local museum
She applied for NUin for Neuroscience/Philosophy

Ugh. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m afraid that my daughter will be offered.

I donā€™t think that he is stuck if he didnā€™t express interest on the app. My daughter was worried that would happen and asked her counselor to check with NU admissions.

1 Like

In the past those decisions have been final. But if not requested, it is not binding.

1 Like

That was my understanding as well.

1 Like

Sheā€™s home!

1 Like