Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Yes, I believe he is let out of his ED agreement, and he can wait to hear from all other schools before deciding whether to accept the Global Scholars program (May 1) . But I’m pretty sure they won’t budge from moving him from Global Scholars into a Boston start. At least that’s what I’ve heard admission officer say.

4 Likes

DS accepted for computer science.

4.0 UW 4.45 W
1450 SAT (did not submit)
7 AP’s
School doesn’t rank, but he was inducted into cum laude society signifying top 10% of class.

Good EC’s.

It’s been his dream school since 8th grade so super happy.

17 Likes

Yes. One of my daughter’s friend was in this situation. Didn’t apply to global scholar, wanted to go only to the Boston campus. They wouldn’t budge.

2 Likes

Just got rejected :frowning: im an international student (3.9UW, 670E/790M(submitted), top 10%, pretty good ECs)

Were you able to access the financial aid package? My daughter doesn’t know her login information to see it.

We are struggling with that right now.

In the past there were separate tabs for financial aid and merit awards.

When he clicks it, it takes him to a Microsoft sign-in that seems to need a NU email.

There are separate tabs as in years past, but you need different login information to access the financial aid package. We’ve had two other kids accepted and you just needed to click on the link, that’s not how it is tonight.

She’s in!!! Neuroscience/philosophy NUin

24 Likes

From NU: “Early Decision applicants are committed to enroll if they are admitted into the program for which they had indicated a preference on their application. ED applicants will not be committed to attend if they were admitted into a program that was not their preference—in that case, students will have until May 1, 2023, to deposit. All applicants were asked for their program preferences in the institution-specific section of the application; additionally, ED applicants were sent communications clarifying this policy with the opportunity to confirm or adjust their preference.”

3 Likes

In the email that confirmed receipt of application was an NU email provided?

No. But we have not received an email about the decision. He just checked his portal.

My daughter didn’t get an email either. She just checked her portal.

Getting same issue here.

1 Like

Is Global scholars different from NUin?

Yes.

1 Like

Same here. If you figure it out, can you please post how you got the fin aid award letter?

You really don’t though. Let him have his moment.

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes