Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

My daughter’s financial aid letter said we needed to submit a few more documents (tax forms and an asset clarification form) so we don’t know what her award is yet. However, she got a letter today that had in the subject: Learn more about your NU Accelerate Scholarship. Inside the email it says: Congratulations on your admission to Northeastern University! I am excited to reach out to you with more information regarding the NU Accelerate Scholarship, a non-renewable scholarship that provides you with full tuition to enroll in up to two online, asynchronous courses selected specifically for Early Decision (ED) students." Does everyone get an NU Accelerate Scholarship or do you think that mayve her package (which we don’t have) includes that scholarship? Thanks in advance for any info!

3 Likes

We are in the same position where his acceptance asks for additional documents for financial aid. My understanding is that Accelerate is a perk for all accepted ED applicants.

1 Like

Hi- The NU Accelerate program is offered to all those accepted through ED1/2. I would highly recommend taking advantage of it and congrats to your daughter!

2 Likes

Hi, I would recommend sending in an email to both your admissions counselor and to the NEU financial aid office - sfs@northeastern.edu - just to let them know about the mix up so they can update their records accordingly.

3 Likes

Need signoff from HS guidance counsellor and can just change it on common app? If you already submitted, contact NU admissions. Maybe do that even if you can change it on common app.

What is the purpose of global scholars? Students do one semester in Oakland, one in London. Not clear as to the intention and who gets selected for that.

For over a decade Northeastern has been encouraging students to have an international experience as part of their undergraduate program. This has been done through NU In, Dialogues of Civilizations, international coops etc. Global Scholars is another way. As to who gets selected, I have no idea.

3 Likes

Hi, I ending up making that switch as well. I had to email the admissions office at NEU to get the forms to fill out and then I had to contact my high school counselor to get a signature as well.

Is there a Facebook page for admitted students?

Did anyone get an email about an English proficiency testing requirement? My son is a native English speaker, and I don’t think there was anything in his application that suggested otherwise (and I don’t think his essay was that bad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). He applied EA.

NU accelerate is a perk to all ED students offering two free courses in spring or summer. Send in your required FA forms and they’ll complete your FA assessment for you.

Yes, my bilingual ds got the same email. We have lived abroad (but not during high school). It’s easy to fill out the waiver if you go on the portal and click on the requirement.

1 Like

Is he applying as an international student?

1 Like

Most students are on Reddit or Instagram.

Mine is not, but he does have an international background (dual citizen). I assumed that triggered the request, although he is a native speaker.

1 Like

That likely triggered it somehow. Sounds like an easy waiver in the portal from the other response.

My son doesn’t have an international background. It’s so odd. I’ll have him check out the portal. Thanks.

1 Like

My son also had to fill out the English proficiency waiver. I don’t know why. He has lived in the US all his life. It was easy enough, though.

1 Like

Just curious did northeastern waitlist or defer for ED 1? I havent seen anyone say they received those decisions.

2 Likes

No one is ever waitlisted ED at any college.

8 Likes