Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Hi, I also made the switch from EA to ED2 last year and I got my decision on February 2nd- so it definitely could be much earlier than March 1st again this year. Good luck!

2 Likes

Is it too late if my son would like to change from test optional to submitting SAT? He applied for EA.

DS applied EA to Northeastern in October - hoping the results come out before the very last day of January? If/when anyone has insights on this please reply.

His stats:
UW GPA: 4.0, W GPA: 4.7
SAT: 1490
ACT: 34
National Merit Semifinalist

1 Like

There is no longer an option in the portal, but he could always contact admissions and ask.

Yes, thank you

1 Like

I share your sentiment as I am in a similar but far worse situation. I was psyched to get the acceptance into NEU for about 30 seconds until I read that it was at their new Mills College in Oakland. I am all but offended. I applied to NEU to attend NEU- in Boston, my home, and was open to going abroad my first semester- but at no point did I indicate that I would consider going across the country to be part of their experiment in Oakland.
I would gladly switch my offer for yours. So disappointed with this university - wasted my ED.

2 Likes

They emailed me today regarding my Enrollment Preference, and I reaffirmed it as the Boston campus, but is this email indicative of anything or does everyone get this email?

Have not received this email yet. I do notice that there is now a new form to switch from Regular to ED that I hadn’t noticed before. I wonder if either are indicative. Maybe previous year’s threads hold a clue.

Where do you see this @njdad?

Looks promising.

Not sure if it applies to NEU but in some other threads here about other schools people who received emails asking to switch to ED or were being given a prompt to switch in their portals ended up being deferred or waitlisted. Is anyone else seeing or not seeing this?

1 Like

My son’s portal also has that dropdown right now (he also applied EA). I expect it is in everyone’s portal. I am sure that they would like to have more of us switch to ED2 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My EA D did not receive an email about her campus preference, but yes, that image appears on her portal (the “I would like to change my application category to:” If it helps, on the Common App, my D indicated she only wanted Boston campus and said “no” to the others. According to our school’s Naviance data, she’s a strong applicant, with the exception of refusing to consider other campuses.

3 Likes

I saw in your previous post that you recently changed your app status from EA to ED2, perhaps that is what prompted the email you received about your choice of campus??

3 Likes

Yes we see it but drop-down has ED2 and RD

2 Likes

Does yours only show ED2?

It has both ED2 and RD.

1 Like

Thanks.

I think that this has been there for a while. I also suspect everybody has it. The same time, if you apply EA to Northeastern, you should expect to be deferred. My daughter has near perfect stats, and I fully expect she will be deferred. They have a very strong preference for ED applications.

3 Likes

My son received the email too asking him to confirm his preferences of location. He is applying ED2. It said he had until the 20th to complete the preference request.