Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

I agree. I was strictly speaking admission chances.

I believe for the incense to work, you have to use the right holistic incense that is concocted specially for that college. If one burns an incense meant for Harvard while chanting MIT, it actually reduces the chances of admission. So please use caution in using this precise craft.

2 Likes

Someone above said they called admissions and was told decisions will be ON Feb. 1st due to the increase in application numbers.

They charge $75 per application-maybe they could use that money to pay the overtime of application readers to get this done sooner? lol

3 Likes

Reminder that this thread is about NEU EA/ED!

4 Likes

I think you literally just came up w a business idea. “Chance enhancing incense” :joy:

1 Like

So
. New England, keep us posted at 4pm :wink:

Day two of our decision watch.

3 Likes

I would like to point out a post I just saw on the A2C subreddit.

Looking at EDII and how close to Feb. 1st the decisions typically come out, I don’t think it’d make much sense for EA to be released and have EDII a day or two later.

I still have a bit of hope for today

7 Likes

Will do! From CT here! I think it’s likely going to be the 1st though
 They changed their whole site to say “no later than february 1st” when it used to say “by february 1st”. Who knows though

2 Likes

In my mind, “no later than feb 1st” and “by Feb 1st” have nearly identical meaning :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Standardized tests are far from objective which is why they are all going TO. Data has shown that privileged students with support and prep classes do far better than others. Affordability of taking the test many times, etc. also play a huge role in success. Access to testing sites and multiple sites too.

2 Likes

I entirely agree but I have no clue why they would change the wording unless they previously planned for decisions to release before Feb 1st and now they are releasing Feb 1st.

I feel like Feb 1st is so late
 I don’t think they have ever released it that late before. Just hoping it’s not true!

1 Like

Nothing :confused:

more people are saying they called and were told it would likely be not this week :confused:

1 Like

called by who?

called admissions office and were told that it won’t be this week

1 Like

FYI, Last year it said by “Feb 1st” for ED but the decisions weren’t released until Feb 2 due to “unprecedented number of applications” so I would not be surprised if same thing happens to EA this year.

As a side note, son’s portal updated at 3:43pm with new status on financial aid doc info, so it doesn’t look the portal app update with decisions will be today.

Same here. For one school, no one was accepted. For another, maybe one was accepted over the past five years. Last year, 11 applied and all were rejected.

1 Like

Hmm :thinking:
Don’t those two phrases mean exactly the same thing?

1 Like

It is ambiguous. By February 1st could mean midnight 1/31 or midnight 2/1, although in more common usage it means the latter.