Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

1 Like

No. Itā€™s the global program which is one semester london and then one semester oakland. Remaning 3 years are on main campus.

3 Likes

My friend is NY is still waiting. We are on Long Island. She did not get the email this morning.

3 Likes

Maybe that was an anomaly. Maybe itā€™s in their junk folderā€¦ (Trying to stay positive though.)

1 Like

Accepted NU.in as a Biology major - back in Boston in the Spring. Anyone know if Biology majors typically go to a certain location?

My sonā€™s classmate got in for Boston.

1 Like

Updateā€¦ had our son check via mobile and he got in (NU.in)ā€¦ he DID receive the email this morning and he also received an email saying to check his status because a decision was madeā€¦ but there was no decision in his portalā€¦ but he checked on his mobile phone per advice from here and he got message that he was accepted. Craziness!

1 Like

Iā€™m in NY and didnā€™t get an email. I didnā€™t have much hope - I have a nearly perfect GPA but so does everybody. There was nothing special about me. Onto the next I suppose - I got deferred from Duke so Iā€™m hoping they pull through. They say to love the college that loves you, so weā€™ll see

4 Likes

Theyā€™re creating unnecessary stress. This process is already stressful enough as is. Just wish theyā€™d be transparent.

4 Likes

My friendā€™s mom told them that through IG. Said the wait was absurd.

1 Like

My Dā€™S says first year global, not four years. Not sure sheā€™ll like that

1 Like

Our D got in just 20 minutes ago of EA1. Didnā€™t receive email this morning. Weā€™re just outside Boston. Got Global scholar London/Mills (Oakland) for 1st year then Boston. Sheā€™s over the moon. Older D did NUIn, great program. Hoping Global Scholars is similar.

5 Likes

Got into NU.in for first semester abroad and back in Boston in Spring
3.8 UW/4.15 W
1440 SAT but Test Optional and didnā€™t send scores
MA Resident
Many ECā€™s and leadership positions
Asian male

also got email this morning

1 Like

Keep in mind hat youā€™re in the top 5% of all studentsā€¦ so whatever happens, itā€™s going to work out for you. Our son didnā€™t get into his first choice (Vandy) and we told him that neither did his parentsā€¦ both of us were flat rejected by our first choices 30+ years agoā€¦

Youā€™re going to do great! Keep Malcolm Gladwellā€™s thesis in mindā€¦ a study of thousands of NYC public school students found that it didnā€™t matter if they ā€œwon the lottery and got into a charter schoolā€ ā€¦ the determining factor was, did they try?

4 Likes

So everything that came out do far are acceptances so that does not bode well for everyone who didnā€™t review a status update

So far*

Just to clarify:

-Some of the people who did NOT get an email have gotten acceptances?

-Those who were accepted got an email to check portal and then the info was on portal (with a few exceptions who could not find)?

-decisions will come out over the next 3 days? :weary:

-most decisions seem to be NUin or Global and only a few Boston?

-we have heard of no deferrals or rejections on here so far?

My son:
-Did not get the email this morning
-Has not received an email to check portal
-Portal hasnā€™t changed
-We are from NY
-He applied to College of Sciences (psychology)

Is there still a chance for him?

3 Likes

Did anyone get accepted for the 4-year program in London?

99% are non-Boston first semester+ thus far

3 Likes