Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

NEU was clearly not intending to send the update today…the email snafu forced them to do something. Now they are sending the update to their accepted students…the students who they want them to commit…i.e. their institutional priority.

Rejected or deferred students…may have to wait…unfair and even cruel. But to be fair to NEU admissions, they were forced to speed things up and working over weekend. Hope they can send updates to everyone in waves in short order (in next day or so).

5 Likes

Son got into NUin. Engineering

1560 SAT
35 ACT
4.0 (unweighted)
AP Scholar

3 Likes

Yes, $2500/yr

2 Likes

Does anyone know if anyone applying ED2 got the mistake email thing?

Our D didn’t get status update this morning, but did get in this evening.

7 Likes

Understatement!

1 Like

Congrats to her. Whole process is messed up, I’m probably rejected which isn’t a surprised but I just want to know at this point.

3 Likes

You’d think for a $320,000 school they could get the tech right! :joy::joy:

This here is a hot mess.

6 Likes

Real

1 Like

We are on Long Island too. My daughter did not get the email and has not heard anything. Her friend from school got the email and was accepted tonight to NUin. Maybe it goes by school or college applied to?

I wouldn’t want to go to a school that would play with my feelings this way anyway. Rejection is hard no matter how you receive the news, but this process is particularly awful

2 Likes

if it costs this much and they are making mistakes like this don’t count me in

4 Likes

Auburn, Ohio State, and Indiana look way better to me rn even if I got into NU after this fiasco

3 Likes

5:15pm for 20 min from Boston Campus.

I am from Nj and my portal does not have an update. I also did not receive any email, does that mean that I am rejected.

2 Likes

She just said she did … She managed the process so I didn’t know she included NUin as an option.

2 Likes

I’m also from NJ and didn’t received any email or update. We’re probably rejected or deferred

Unfortunate

1 Like

Close friend from school got his email this morning and acceptance at 5

From CT here. No emails or decision. I stg if i get another deferral i’ll cry so much harder than a rejection

4 Likes