Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This depends on the school, some schools release scholarship decisions at the time of the admissions decision, other schools release it later. If the school is not Northeastern, you would need to ask on that school’s forum.

We’ve chosen the same options but have not heard back anything yet.

2 Likes

Did you get an email?

1 Like

No email

2 Likes

Schools weren’t getting over 100k applications then… no server can send that many emails efficiently. NU has been sending ED and RD results in waves (on a single day) for years. They just messed up this time. Likely bc they have so many decision possibilities this year compared to previous years.

Def need to improve tho.

2 Likes

Generally I would agree with you on that… but in this case since the decisions seem to have been rushed out onto the portal before they were really ready to release them, we will wait a few days to see if a merit scholarship appears!

2 Likes

please let us know if there’s another wave released. let us know the time you get your decision and which program it is

2 Likes

Their website says the following:
“Students who are admitted to Northeastern and are recognized as National Merit Finalists* or National Recognition Program Scholars** will receive a competitive merit-based award, and may also be eligible for financial aid.” (See national scholarships section)

Regular merit can go up to $28k/year, which is figured based on all applicants.

3 Likes

lol, no server can send that many emails efficiently. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

did anybody get rejected/deferred tonight? and if you don’t get a decision tonight does that mean odds of acceptance are smaller?

1 Like

I got in but have no Fin Aid Status. Do you know the reason why?

Nobody got deferred or rejected tonight

1 Like

I got no email, no decision tonight. Wondering if I should take this as a sign i got rejected or deferred. I cant figure out if the releases tonight are everyone who is accepted, or accepted off-boston, or if it’s by location? I feel like I’ve seen evidence for all these cases. Feeling so confused and frustrated with Northeastern admissons

6 Likes

Today was the NU in wave

4 Likes

Did everyone who received the welcome email this morning get a decision tonight? Assuming so, but wondering if anyone did NOT get a decision.

4 Likes

Interesting. They apparently keep changing the National Recognition Program scholarships to make them less valuable. In something like 2015 or 2016 they were a guaranteed $30K to anyone who got in and had the award (and tuition was a lot lower then so $30k was very meaningful!). Before that they were full tuition. My Asian D22 got $18K/year with stats that were slightly lower than my Hispanic D23 who got $14K. I would bet that since Northeastern has become a “hot” school, they are ratcheting down merit and moving more to needs based. They clearly don’t need to use merit to entice yield!

1 Like

What do you want to study? Rutgers has several campuses and some have specialties.

What is your budget?

1 Like

So no acceptance today is a rejection?

1 Like

Did not get a decision or email here.

3 Likes

But you received the email this morning?

1 Like