Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

man its sunday here already so I gotta wait until tuesday :sob:

2 Likes

Also accepted to NUin (and received the email this morning), I was excited until I opened the financial aid letter and saw that it’s completely unaffordable for us since we received hardly any need-based aid and no merit scholarship. I’m assuming there’s no possibility of receiving a merit scholarship later on
?

they did send the email once decision was ready so I guess best to wait for the email instead of checking portal all day long.

2 Likes

yea

its a bit of a pain though, state schools were always predicted and announced 27th and I got crazy excited until the day before when I realized its 28th for me and I had to sit through 27th knowing I wont get a single email :sweat_smile:

stats please>

2 Likes

Can someone explain this situation? Some ppl with that email got in today but with the international option. What about EA people who still have status awaiting? Is it a deferral/rejection?

2 Likes

@tamagotchi Forgive me if this was asked and answered

Did anyone receive the “claim your account” email this morning and NOT YET receive an official acceptance in the portal?

Thanks

3 Likes

4.4 GPA
Test-optional
8 APs
Good ECs with leadership
Good (I think?) common app essay
Summer internship in degree field
EnviSci major

At such a competitive school I shouldn’t expect merit, but I’m disappointed we got no need-based aid thus making it unaffordable

2 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

I did ask this earlier and nobody stepped forward saying this was the case for them. Pretty much if they got the early morning email, they were accepted (mostly to NUin & Global Scholars) tonight.

1 Like

Can someone explain this situation? Some ppl with that email got in today but with the international option. What about EA people who still have status awaiting? Is it a deferral/rejection?

1 Like

Same here! Was hoping for a lot more based on this program and D23’s overall stats. I think they are peeling back on the National Recognition scholarships and frankly on merit overall. It will be interesting to see what others receive.

3 Likes

Users whose first post is to announce an acceptance before NEU releases will be viewed as troIIs and banned.

3 Likes

If you didn’t hear anything today, you shouldn’t assume deferral / rejection. As far as I can tell, EA people who are still waiting might be:

• regular Boston campus admits (since it seems that there were either none of these today, or very few), or
  • Oakland or London admits? (I don’t think any of these came up above, either?),
  • quite possibly there could be more NUin / Global admits that haven’t been released yet,
  • or you could be deferred or rejected.

Definitely don’t lose hope if you didn’t hear today, or if you don’t hear tomorrow. There is every reason to believe Northeastern that the decisions will continue to come out over the course of tomorrow and Monday.

7 Likes

My son’s major was listed in the enrollment page as Computer Science for the Fall of 2024 in Boston.,he would be in the global scholars program for Fall 2023/Spring 2024

3 Likes

I don’t wanna get doxxed but if anyone is interested in stats, message me!
I got in for Business Administration+ Political Science under the College of Social Science and Humanities

2 Likes

My daughter got the e-mail this morning and then was accepted to NU.in this evening. She was awarded a Dean’s Scholarship.

She is a National Merit Semifinalist, and it mentioned in the scholarship letter that if she gets a NM Scholarship from NU that it will supersede and replace the Dean’s Scholarship. Does anyone know how much the NM Scholarship is from NU? Thanks and good luck to those still waiting!

1 Like

Last year they gave any additional 7.5 k total around 28k to a friend

2 Likes

i’m in NY and my friend and i are still waiting

3 Likes

You should contact the financial aid office. You can try to appeal to increase your financial aid. If you’ve had a change in financial circumstance you can also request FA increase. They are very accommodating.

1 Like