Northwestern ED 2025 Discussion and Results

Let’s make some ED decision day predictions and post results when the day comes!

Son just told me that it’ll be released on the 18th per Twitter.

Thanks. Yes, that’s definitely on NU Admissions Twitter…was hoping they’d notify people next Friday.

Yes, that was my hope as well, but I guess NU figured they’d avoid all the speculation and phone calls for next Friday.

Does anyone know how many applicants they recieved compared to last year? More or less applicants cuz of covid? Would that increase the ED acceptance rate?

Did anyone not receive an email about an interview? I was not able to interview with alumni because I didn’t get the email and am concerned about how it could impact the decision. I know there will be no disadvantage for applicants who are unable to interview, but I’m just worried about it.

1 Like

I think everyone got one-check ur spam it could be in there but I also think you had to sign up for one so I’m not sure. Maybe they loved ur application and didn’t think you needed one!

Thanks for replying!
I searched spams but there wasn’t. (I got the notice when I applied to NU last year) Maybe, they didn’t have alumni to interview for international students in my country/ region. But this is strange because they say they’d offer interview chances to all applicants.

My daughter did not get a call for an interview either. She applied close to the deadline; I suspect that at that point there were inadequate interviewers available in the area.

Does anyone have any idea approximately what time the ED results are posted on the day they are released?

2 Likes

Northwestern undergrad admissions tweeted this afternoon that it would be making an announcement at 5pCST today. But nothing on Twitter or Instagram, or on the portal. Has anyone received any announcement, and if so, where?

They made a tiktok account

@NYSFDC, just checked Twitter- it said decisions would still be out this Friday. As for time, NU seems to send important announcements/emails at 5CST on Fridays. I’m guessing it’ll be the same for this as well.

whats up with the withdrawal button?

What do you mean? @northwesternsimp

My daughter applied early decision and did not get an email about interviewing. When my son applied last year (regular decision) he was not offered an interview either. NU Admissions website states that that they would contact all applicants who attend high school in regions with active alumni interviewers. So I assumed we must not be in one of those regions.

I didn’t get one. And what’s weird about it is that I know I’m in a region with active alumni interviewers cuz one of my HS alumni is an alumni interviewer for NU, and we even talked earlier in the year too.

My “Withdrawal Application” link at the very bottom of the portal is no longer there. Not sure if it’s true or not what people have said about this indicating good news. Hope so!

I think the withdrawal button is to the right of the screen, not the bottom.

You are right if viewing on a computer, but it depends how you hold the phone.