Northwestern Regular Decision Fall 2022 Admissions

I applied for it and got an email saying there was no availability, but I could send them more info if I wanted to because I couldn’t share it in an interview

1 Like

I never got an interview request but I did complete an information session about a month ago. Idk how else I am supposed to show interest bc I don’t wanna keep doing info sessions haha. I love you Northwestern though!

1 Like

yeah, me too. and a virtual tour too.

Now I’m really worried… :face_exhaling:

1 Like

yes! bc I never got an interview request!

1 Like

My daughter had an interview and we toured the campus, but I don’t think it makes any difference besides the very limited value added of “demonstrated interest”

2 Likes

what does this matter? sorry i’ve just seen multiple people talking about how AOs read these and I don’t see how that’s an issue especially if decisions are already made

3 Likes

I really don’t think it matters. My daughter had an interview after requesting one. We live in Chicago. She’s also like a four time legacy and probably still won’t get in. Lol I just don’t think they care about that stuff. I know certain schools like tuLane care about demonstrated interest. Not sure Northwestern is one of those. I don’t think it could hurt, but I also don’t think it helps. Now applying early decision is a different story.

1 Like

Yep, back after being gone for many refreshes.

Since we are all killing time……how heavily is the essay weighed for NU? There is so much out there but does anyone have an inside scoop to what is weighed the heaviest since test scores optional?

My family has a big legacy as well. Expecting a waitlist maybe. Just don’t want a rejection. Also I never got an interview request and being that I live in SoCal it kinda makes sense. Probably didn’t have enough people.

1 Like

Did you have to request an interview? I never got any email to request an interview

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

same

1 Like

yes i got an email a while ago with a link to request an interview. i honestly think i was the first person to reply because i clicked it as soon as they sent it out, and i got an interview.

1 Like

so we are waiting for 4:30pm CST? was the time announced on twitter or instagram? how sure are we about the time?

1 Like

no its EST… i’m pretty sure it’s either 3:00 or 3:30 CST (4:00 or 4:30 EST) and that’s based off of ED decision time and last year’s RD time

2 Likes

I had an email too and requested maybe 10 mins or so after it came out but didn’t get an email. I ended up emailing them the page of additional info when they sent the second email about not having enough availability.

If you look at the common data set, you can see how NW ranks the various app pieces in importance. Essay is “important”, interviews are only “considered”.

2 Likes

Thank you!