Northwestern Regular Decision Fall 2022 Admissions

Hi can someone please tell me if the results came out for graduate courses or bachelors ? I had applied from MFA in documentary Media at Northwestern. Had given my interview too. Been waiting for the results.

Thanks for posting your info, you helped my DS feel a touch better about his rejection. You have a great attitude. Best of luck!

2 Likes

I honestly think there is no rhyme or reason to any of this anymore, because we took it as a win that my kid was waitlisted to Northwestern, but at the same time was rejected from Madison after a deferral. None of this makes sense. I’m sure your child has many great options!

3 Likes

Northeastern had a 7% acceptance rate this year so it’s definitely not shocking that someone would be accepted to Northwestern then rejected by Northeastern. Their yield went way up unexpectedly last year and they significantly over enrolled. This year they could enroll far fewer students and then they received 90,000 applications this year. So yes with a 7% acceptance rate getting into Northeastern in Boston this year was a total crap shoot no matter how qualified.

3 Likes

Yep, I submitted my score! I regretted doing that later, but it turned out okay in the end lol. Besides being a POC and going to a small private school in the midwest, I don’t have any. I do have a lot of extracurriculars related towards the admissions team of my high school so perhaps that helped in my application, but honestly i think it was my essays. Other extracurriculars related with being captain of my schools varsity dance team, vp of student council for 4 years, vp of communication for ambassador program, planning cultural awareness events, helping raise money for different charities, and being heavily involved in theatre:) i’m also salutatorian of my class!

Yes, I am well aware of Northeastern’s situation. And I agree, looking at the data this year, many applicants may be accepted to Northwestern but not Northeastern.

I was speaking in more general, subjective terms … the two universities are not in the same class by any measure other than their current acceptance rates.

And that is exactly my point - it is a crazy admissions year. Things like this are happening that defy logic.

As Mr. Fiske would say, “Northwestern and Northeastern are certainly not overlaps.”

8 Likes

Most of the folks on these threads are in for Bachelors or undergrad admissions.
Results for the same came out.

1 Like

Can you please share in general how were to fin aid awards, as compared to your EFC in FAFSA ? No specific numbers but maybe percentages.
(yes, knowing institutional aid formulas are different.)

accepted! so happy

7 Likes

Wondering how many people who went test optional were accepted and whether they had other hooks?

Mine was waitlisted TO but her good friend was accepted early decision test optional.

2 Likes

They should make room for all students like you.

3 Likes

Rejected.

Another question- did anyone who applied also participate in the summer journalism institute (Medill Cherubs)? Did you get in ED or RD or ?

Has anyone received an acceptance letter by mail?

Not yet. Still waiting…

1 Like

Does anyone know how many typically get asked to be on the Waitlist and how many usually accept the list ? This is the only school that would change my kids mind from her top two schools.

2 Likes

Still waiting as well but did register for the 4/25 wildcat day.

It took about a month before the acceptance letter for ED was received. Just fyi…

3 Likes

Wow, good to know. Thank you