Northwestern Regular Decision Fall 2022 Admissions

I agree with that assessment. My daughter had an interview applying ED and she said it was very perfunctory and was basically just to ask any questions she had. I wouldn’t sweat the no interview thing at all.

1 Like

I agree that the interview probably has little or no impact on decisions. However, FWIW, my D has had 6 and said that the NW interviewer was the best and most engaged. She really enjoyed the conversation. Luck of the draw.

5 Likes

NW was my Ds 4th and she said it was her best interview up until that point. That changed yesterday when she had one that she said was by far her best. But agree, she said her NW interviewer was very engaged, listened to what she said and asked her detailed follow up questions based on what she said about her specific ECs and other topics they discussed, and she really enjoyed the conversation.

And every interview she has had - nobody had any info other than her name and probably where she lived

2 Likes

My son had a an interview which went very well, and I think much of it was due to the interviewer who was very engaged and shared similar interests. NU has definitely become a top contender for my son. On the other hand, my son had another Top 10 interview which really fell flat.

1 Like

I hope your daughter got in ED!

So glad many had great interviews! My son didn’t have anything bad to say about his; he just said it was nothing special. He does a lot of speaking events at school, so maybe it seemed like nothing special because he doesn’t get nervous talking with people (a quality he did not get from his mother:)

Best of luck to everyone. Hope to see you at NU this fall!

1 Like

Thanks, we feel extremely fortunate that she did! Best of luck to all others - it really seems like a special place.

4 Likes

I have not gotten any email at all regarding an interview, should I email admissions?

2 Likes

yeah, I am confused are the interviews for a specific program or just optional?

Did anyone else get this email today “Happy Valentines Day: What Ambassadors and CLAVE Coordinators Love About NU”?

2 Likes

Yes. For us focused on diversity

2 Likes

Yes, S22 received it today. It seemed odd that it is tailored or geared for recruitment (of students who have already applied but not yet received admission decision). Maybe even cruel if later rejected.

3 Likes

My Kiddo did NOT receive it.

The email from “CLAVE” says it is to recruit black and latino students.

2 Likes

Exactly

Yeah, I’m latino so it makes sense. But the way they worded it seems odd?

I agree; it seems odd that they (CLAVE) are “recruiting” students (black and latino, in this case) who have already applied, but have not been admitted.

1 Like

Yeah exactly, it’s very odd but it’s nice that they are emailing us about POC experiences at Northwestern

1 Like

I know this might be a little late but I never had the opportunity to apply for an interview? I live on west coast were we supposed to? I got the memo they just reached out if they were available.

I think they are finished
We applied and followed up on it and they finally said that they could not do it, but that it will be recorded that we did request it
We are also on the West Coast