Northwestern waitlist 2027

Just want to start a thread for everyone to share their experiences regarding waitlist this year for Northwestern

4 Likes

Just submitted a loci and had a teacher send a letter of rec to admissions (I am majoring in poli sci).

Hopefully all goes well… i will keep y’all updated

3 Likes

Have you submitted LOCI and letter of rec to the Regional officer or just on the portal?

my teacher emailed a letter of rec to the admissions office, and i sent my loci to the waitlist portal

3 Likes

Does anyone have a class schedule to submit under Upload Materials?

Yes. I believe that’s to report if you’ve had a change in your high school schedule (dropped a class, etc.)

Which major have you applied for? Also, have you submitted LOCI?

Got in yesterday for music and engineering dual degree so the waitlist has started to move!

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS. How did they contact you and what did you do after you got waitlisted.

1 Like

Congrats. When did you submit your LOCI?

1 Like

THANK YOU! They sent me an email asking when we could connect over the phone about my application and they told me I got in on the phone call. I sent an extra letter of recommendation and a LOCI in to the general admissions office as well as modified versions to my regional admissions officer (who I had talked to a lot in-person) and the music professor who I had auditioned for. I had some pretty significant updates in my LOCI in terms of extracurriculars/awards and was also able to talk about some things I discussed with my alumni interviewer and my experience visiting campus for my audition for the music school where I connected with some current students who were doing similar things to what I wanted to do at NU.

Hoping the best for you all and let me know if there’s anything else I could tell you that would help!

2 Likes

Like 2 days after I got waitlisted.

1 Like

amazing CONGRATSSS!!

Congrats! Were you an applicant to the Music School or the Engineering School? Or was it a special joint program? I’m waiting for Weinberg and haven’t heard of anyone else getting off the waitlist yet. Maybe they are starting with some of the smaller programs?

I believe he received his acceptance earlier than others because the music school has a ranking system based on auditions, unlike other schools. From what I’ve seen in various forums(NU waitlist 2020), it seems that students with music-related majors tend to get off the waitlist sooner.

2 Likes

I am waiting for McCormick and haven’t heard back yet. Have you sent any LOCI or Additional rec?

Yes, I added a LOCI to my portal mid April. I’d love to send my senior year spring grades and senior awards but we don’t get them until mid-May so maybe not as helpful by then.

Congratulations!

Hey! Just a quick question: Did any of you receive a response from your local admissions counselor after you sent them your LOCI?

No, but I didn’t email it, I uploaded it to my portal.