Not Accepted, my next option

A friend and I were not accpeted into TAMU, this is our first choice school and realy wanted to go. We both decided to apply to Blinn Bryan College and after a year transfer to A&M, so my question is, how hard is it to get into Blinn?

I am top 10% of my class but my friend is not, what exactly do they look for in making their decisions to see who gets in and who doesn’t?

“Blinn College is an open-admissions college, however there are requirements that must be met depending on the student’s background. Once these requirements are met, the student will be accepted into Blinn College.” Basically, apply to Blinn and assuming you graduated from HS, you will be admitted. Am I reading that wrong?

Are you instate? If so top 10% grants automatic admission into TAMU.

When I applied to TAMU I was not Top 10%, they don’t accept academic success after the deadline.

you can apply as a spring admit with top 10% IF you do not take any college classes after high school and be an automatic admit.

Did you guys apply anywhere else?

If you get on the BlinnTeam program that is great. If you are just going to Blinn itself, I don’t know that I would go that route. Transferring is a very tricky route to go to A&M and a lot of it depends on your respective majors and what school you are transferring from. If you are going to attend a college, I would recommend trying to get into another 4 year university as opposed to Blinn. That way if you don’t get in to A&M during your first transfer attempt, you are still at a 4 year university and can apply again. Where as if you don’t get in from Blinn, than you are still at Blinn the following year and that isn’t necessarily a good thing.

I went to blinn and then transferred into A&M. You just have to keep up your grades and it just depends on the major you are aiming for. I was a business major but decided to change it to communication and got accepted with a for the spring. Just make sure you find the right classes you take (Here is the link for the classes to take http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/majors)

My friend is going to blinn right now and she should be at A&M this Fall as a sophomore. She had low test scores.
(Can you take classes at Blinn if you are enrolled at A&M? Are some of there classes smaller? They told me when I went to visit A&M that you should take basic classes elsewhere since those don’t matter that much. I already have a few basics I did with dual credit.)