Not an automatic admission - when will I know I if am accepted

<p>I barely missed the automatic academic admission criteria. So was wondering when the earliest that those in review start to get notified of acceptance? I applied in mid-August. Have a 32 ACT, 2160 SAT (1360 M/CR) and am in the 26% of my class. ( I attend a very competitive HS). I also applied to the Petroleum Engineering Dept.</p>

<p>Thanks for any feedback!</p>

<p>Most common response to this inquiry is that holistic review applicants may hear some time around March.</p>

<p>While it’s true that many of the review apps are held until March, TAMU uses a rolling admissions process, which means that there are review admits throughout the admissions period. Your scores are excellent and you are very close to the first quartile, so I seriously doubt they will make you wait until March. I expect we’ll be congratulating you soon! Good luck & gig 'em!</p>

<p>We actually knew a student who was an ‘almost’ like you - they heard in November - there’s hope! Obviously it isn’t a computer generated answer. Another not quite as close heard in February. Hang in there! Your ACT score should really help you stand out. I guess it will depend on how many applicants they get and when they can start picking the review admits. Good luck!</p>

<p>My dd applied sept 26th of last year to Mays. She was in top 11% and had ACT score of 28. She was accepted on Oct 10th. There is hope so hang in there. Very impressive act score.</p>

<p>You should be fine. My ds also had a 32 act, 26% but a little bit lower sat score. He applied at the end of November and was accepted 3 weeks later into Computer Science.</p>

<p>Laukoter, Son had similar rank. He applied at the end of November and heard back a couple of weeks later in December.</p>