Not Eligible

<p>Why not take a community college course or an online course? Do they have a "virtual high school" in CA? Here in Illinois you can go to the Illinois Virtual High School (<a href="http://www.ivhs.org%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.ivhs.org&lt;/a&gt;) and take courses that aren't offered by your high school or you couldn't fit into your schedule. I'm learning a lesson from your post, though. I know my D (who is still an underclassman) is not planning to take either art or music. Her high school requires electives on top of the 5 academic subjects (english, math, science, social studies, language), but it doesn't have to be art or music. I guess we should check the requirements of all the colleges she thinks she might be interested in real soon.</p>

<p>I've known about the A-G requirements since..forever so it's really your fault for not knowing. Or maybe your counselors, but in the end it's your duty to do research and be prepared.</p>

<p>You can take the SAT in December. As for the fine art: not sure if this will work but you could enroll in a class at a community college or take 2 courses 2nd semester. So you'll take photo and ceramics 2nd semester which will add up to 1 year.</p>