Not sure if my GPA is high enough for UC schools

I have a about a 3.6 GPA, and I scored a 1340 on the new SAT. Ideally I would like to attend UCLA, but I realize this may not be plausible.I’m wondering what my odds are to make it into the UC schools, though. I’ve also been hopeful for UCSB, UCSC, and UCI. Besides these schools, what are some other good large schools in California, that perhaps would be more within reach for me? I live in Pennsylvania, but my dream has been to attend school in California and move there, and because of this there is no backup plan if i I don’t make it to California. Any input would be appreciated!!

UC’s are very GPA focused vs test scores.

Here is the Historical admit rate for UC GPA’s in the 3.4-3.79 range. Your test scores, Essays and EC’s will also factor into your acceptance or rejection along with your intended major specifically for STEM and impacted/capped majors. Also be aware that as an OOS applicant, you will receive no financial aid from the UC"s, so expect to pay around $55-60K/year to attend.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79:

UCB: 2%
UCLA: 3%
UCSD: 6%
UCD: 11%
UCSB: 13%
UCI: 16%
UCSC: 47%
UCR: 64%
UCM: 80%

Is your 3.6 GPA your UC GPA? https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

As an OOS applicant, only AP/IB or DE courses taken in 10-11th grade count for the extra honors points. Also make sure you have 1 year of a Visual/Performing arts course to fulfill the UC a-g requirements.

So, are you planning on attending CC in Pennsylvania if you don’t get in? Is this anywhere near what you hope to do?

FYI: California is under enormous political pressure to admit more resident students into the public colleges. So that means less space for OOS. You can try but in California, GPA is king.

If you get rejected, which is highly likely at multiple UC’s, are you willing to accept the consequences and just ride out the rejections?

If you were to be admitted, would your parents be willing to fork out $55K per year? There is no aid for OOS students. Scholarships/Grants? Nope. Federal aid will probably cover your health insurance costs and that’s it.

You can only take out $5500 per year in loans which means $1833 per quarter in the UC quarter system.

Find some back-up universities in your home state and apply. People do get shut out of their choices at the California publics.

UCR, UCM and perhaps UCSC are in your range. The others are a reach. As noted above, there will be no financial aid at CA public colleges. Take a look at LMU and USD, both So Cal privates that are likely to admit you and present a similar bill to OOS UC.
Good luck