NOT taking AP exams listed on my application... Will UCLA revoke my offer?

So I listed on my UC app that I will be taking 4 AP exams this year. but I only signed up for 3 of them since I know I would fail Physics 2 for sure. I emailed ucla and they said I am not required to complete any AP exams and failing to provide AP results will not have an effect on my admission status. So I though I should be fine and didn’t report it. However, my friend, who is in the same situation, reported the change on her portal and got an email saying “We expect our students to take all exams listed on their application. Not doing so is misleading to the admissions committee and we will meet next Wednesday to review your case”.

Now I’m freaking out. We are in the same case and got emails saying completely different things. I worry about whether they’re gonna revoke my offer. Has anyone been through the same situation? Can anyone help me?

Does your friend hope to earn AP credit?
Do you?

and have you checked your portal to see if the same message is there?
If so I’d take the test. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
That said, you may want to call UCLA on Mon and discuss what was on your friends portal.[ I’d have her copy and send it to you first so you can read it first for yourself.

The deadline for AP exams sign-ups was 3 months ago, so there is no way for us to take it. And yes I will call UCLA for sure and ask them about the email that my friend got. I am just here to see if anyone has been in the same situation… Thank you for help!

actually I just learned that since I already had a passing score in Physics 1, I do not need to take AP Physics 2 exam. They only give a max of 8 units to all physics exams, so I can’t use Physics 2 for college credits anyways. So I might have a solid reason to defend myself if UCLA really asks me why not take this exam?? just curious

You asked; they answered.

So I’m not sure why you want us to tell you any differently.

Yes. When I was in that situation a few years ago and asking myself the question, I contacted my college to ask them. The woman in admissions laughed in my face and said they don’t care. L-) But save the email just in case.

Yea I think I should be fine but the email that my friend just got kinda make me nervous… Thanks a lot for help!

Is it the exams or actual classes that changed? At the schools where our kids applied, taking the test was never listed as a requirement, but if they dropped the AP course from their senior class schedule after listing it on the application that could be an issue. I would think colleges would care more about schedule changes, since those show how difficult a course load a student is taking.

We, here, have no idea who wrote the email. Was it an actual AO vs. a clerical or a work-study student?

I can tell you what my response would have been if I had received such an email, particularly if the particular exam would earn no additional credit: “Please remit a wire transfer for $94 to the following routing and account numbers.” >:)

Anyway, you received a different email, so put no further thought into it.