Not taking PHYS 208 at A&M?

I am majoring in computer engineering at A&M and I need to take PHYS 208. It used to be a prerequisite for some ECEC (Electrical Engineering) classes I need to take there, but it isn’t anymore. I tried to take PHYS 208 over the summer at a community college but all the spots went full quickly. Is it a bad idea to take PHYS 208 NEXT summer? Fall 2018 will be my first semester as a sophomore, so I am not really sure what to do at this point. I am hesitant on taking PHYS 208 at A&M since a lot of people say that it is tough. What do you guys think?

My son is planning to take it at western Texas online in the fall in addition to 12 hr at A&M. Would this be a possibility for you?

You can take it at Blinn this Fall as well if it fits in your schedule.

Find out if, a pre-req for a class you need, if it can be taken concurrently or must be completed before you can take the class. Western Texas College online is where a lot of A&M students take it, be it in the fall or the summer.
You will have to go through the application process with WTC on Apply Texas and send your freshman year transcript, showing the completion of Cal II.

It honestly all depends on your current situation in terms of classes and current strength in PHYS…Are you also taking CSCE 222 and 221 that term? If so, your course load would be pretty intense adding a University Physics class to that list.