Notification date for UVictoria?

Is anyone here applying to University of Victoria (in Victoria, British Columbia)? Wondering if anyone has heard when notifications will be released. I’m worrying that they don’t consider themselves bound by the U.S.’s May 1 date.

(I don’t see a tag for UVic, but please let me know if there is one!)

What I have seen from other universities in Canada seems to vary quite a bit.

Several people I know (including my parents, cousins, siblings, friends, children, and me) have applied to multiple universities in Canada, but not U.Vic. The acceptances can come in quite quickly or can take several months. I have heard of people receiving acceptances after May 1.

In some cases students just need to put down a deposit at a university that they have heard from by May 1 (often putting down the deposit sometime in April). Then if they get accepted to a school that they prefer, they can tell the new school they are coming and tell the old school that they are not. Of course the same thing happens in the US when students get accepted off the wait list.

I used to have a close family member who lived quite close to U.Victoria. They always spoke well of it, and when we drove by it seemed like an attractive location.

Best of luck with this. You do of course still have quite a bit of time between now and May 1.

1 Like