Notification of Scholarships & Financial Aid

@Sybylla Not understanding your Engineering question?

Presidents Endowed Scholarship must be TAMU primer scholarship
“Today, it is considered the most prestigious academic merit scholarship awarded by the university, and recipients are chosen solely based on academic achievement and demonstrated student leadership.”

NMSF (top 1%)
ACT 35
SAT 1520
PSAT 1480

NM commended (top 2-3%)
ACT 33
SAT 1410
PSAT 1380

Remember 2/3 of PED come from top 1%.(192/271)
many students with minimum test score ACT30/SAT1360 won’t receive PES. Some did get lesser $$.

Not NMSF. not NMC, but ACT of 33 (in engineering won’t be especially high, that was why I referenced eng), I just wondered if there was anecdotal hope for any scholarships however small…

@momosmom

Each major does not cost the same. What we pay for our son as an engineering major with variable tuition is not be the same as what you will pay for your daughter as an Education major. Your major is actually less. Here is a calculator using fixed and variable according to major. https://tuition.tamu.edu/

For Engineering, the costs are higher for the fixed rate vs the variable for 12+ hours for incoming freshmen. This hit the mark of what we pay for variable with fees that has been consistant (not counting Room & Board, Meal Plan -We went with the pre-assigned one which is just above the lowest - Parking or Sports Pass) What the calculator figures is with fees. The actual tuition without fees is about 1800 less. Yes, the fees are that much and includes lab fees and other major specific stuff other majors may or may not have.

We checked the financial aid portal this weekend and noticed buried in the Status tab (I say this because that tab is not the first one that comes up) our son had an incomplete requirement - Student Data Form. He filled it out (two simple questions) but it’s really annoying that there was no notification of this. I hope this hasn’t set him back in being in the running for scholarships.

@bemart14 The Student Data Form is for reporting outside scholarships to TAMU. It would be on your New Aggie infor you receive after you have been admitted.

From the New Aggie information sheet: To report an award {meaning scholarship} from an outside source,please complete the Student Data Form in the Scholarships & Financial Aid Portal.

Breathe Mamma. You’re good.

My son admitted into Mays business school.
he applied in august and got response in two weeks.
SAT : 1420
GPA : 3.7
EC : Band, some volunteer hrs.

are there any chances for him to get any type of scholarship?

Thank you
Krishna

Any Aggie parent knows approximately when merit scholarship will be awarded?

The following message is on the Financial Aid Portal today, so maybe students & parents will know something very soon…

“The Financial Aid Portal is currently unavailable as we award incoming freshmen for 2019-2020. The portal should be back online no later than Wednesday, January 30 at 5:00pm. We apologize for any inconvenience.”

What do your portals say now - mine has an unauthorized message on it – have to wonder if that means a thin white email is coming…LOL

when I click on the fin aid portal, it says “Application Not Authorized to Use Central Authentication Service (CAS) The application you attempted to authenticate to is not authorized to use CAS.”

@rdhdstpchld probably because they are updating it? LOL All this speculation is making me so paranoid. Sigh.

@JaceyK - yah, I’m thiiiiis close from deleting this page from my browser for my own sanity. LOL!! It had a different message this morning saying “it’s being updated and will be back up by 5:30” and now that mean looking one. Seriously - I need an intervention!!

does anyone know if what was offered today in scholarships and fin aid is it? Complete? Offered loans and that’s it.

We are out of state and we do not see any other scholarships except the Maroon award. Not sure when the other scholarships come in? But see his portal got updated with the cost of attendance.

@AggieMomHelp do you know for out of state when do the scholarship comes out. I see for my son they have only allocated Maroon award so far (that I know is from the admissions office), but nothing else reflected so far. Today I see that the financial portal got updated without any other scholarship except Maroon award. Is this the final offer or does this gets updated as more scholarship gets awarded? Can you please comment?

Logged into Financial Aid Portal today and now available loans are showing up. That’s a change but not one that’s especially helpful.

@bemart14 are you instate or OOS?

Instate

My daughter got an email that said to check for her award. It was only loans. I was surprised, she has an act of 34 and is in the top 1% of her class. Does that seem right?

Without having input from others who may have received scholarships this week, it’s possible that loan info went out to all this week and scholarships are yet to come.