Notre Dame 2027 Waitlist

After hearing back all of my decisions, Notre Dame is my current top choice of schools. I was placed on the waitlist, and am wondering if anyone here has any experience/info about the ND waitlist. I’ve heard that it is a waitlist that has a lot more movement than other schools, but I could be wrong. Good luck to everyone who is still going through the process!

Notre Dame hasn’t published waitlist information on its last two Common Data Sets, which is unfortunate and annoying and makes it difficult to answer your question.

In prior years, it’s tough to detect a pattern. Some years they’ve taken a decent number from the waitlist; in another they took zero.

You need to put down a deposit at a college you’ve been accepted to and start getting excited about going there, and be pleasantly shocked if ND comes through.

1 Like

hi, i read last year there was waitlist movement at the end of april. anyone seen/heard of any yet for this fall?

Heard the same thing about last year but haven’t heard of anything this year. Should know more this week with the deposit deadline tomorrow at midnight

2 Likes

I know of at least one in the past few days from our area.

1 Like

Interesting. Haven’t heard of any movement from my college counseling office yet.

1 Like

if there truly isn’t a ranking system on the waitlist… is it like wining the lottery? how is it decided? also, do all gateway invites go out may1-15?

I do know there is no ranking system - demonstrated interest is a big thing. Offers should go out between now and May 15th

My understanding is that getting off Waitlist depends on the pools they want to fill. If a first gen does not take spot, they take a first gen off the WL

1 Like

Does anyone have any waitlist updates? I haven’t heard of anyone getting off the waitlist yet this year at ND…

Same here. Still waiting.

1 Like

@hpcsa Do you have any indications here? I read the waitlist post from last year, and you seemed very knowledgeable about the ND waitlist!

Typically, Notre Dame takes between 20 and 100 students from the waiting list. Some years they have taken more, in other years no students were able to come off the waiting list, unfortunately. Last year, I believe the waiting list after RD was above 3000, 103 were accepted from that pool. Any admission offers from the waiting list should go out in the coming days, depending on this year’s circumstances. Best of luck to all still waiting!

Thank you!!

Does anyone have an idea of what their yield was this year? In prior years it looked like AO had made a comment which gave people an idea if they were even taking off the waitlist in a given year

@Mamabear2025 Thank you!

Detailed information about the enrolled Class of 2027, including final admission numbers etc. will be released in late May 2023, after the dust has settled.

"Kidder mentioned how the yield rate — around 60% — still reveals differences in demographics from those accepted to those that choose to enroll.

“It’s difficult and to enroll does change based on the demographics of who we’re admitting, frankly. So as Notre Dame continues to invite more first-generation students, as Notre Dame continues to invite more under-resourced students, I think that it’s difficult to show a flat line if you will, over decades, from admit to enroll, because the demographic of the student body is changing,” she said."

Anyone heard back from an admissions counselor about the current situation? Heard nothing on my end.

My son was told that they are evaluating their needs in the next couple of days.

1 Like

Know of a young woman who came off the waitlist today.

1 Like

So do I! Our D23 just heard today. Somehow the email telling her to check her portal ended up in a spam folder so the local Admissions officer called her and told her she might want to check. She’s pumped - ND had become her No. 1 choice at some point after applications went out; she committed to BC last week and was very, very happy with that, but made it clear to us she’d still accept and change course if ND came calling.

So, check your portals, I guess, and don’t just wait for an email.

5 Likes

Perhaps those who get in off of the waitlist can post their kid’s prospective major/school. Thx!

1 Like