Notre Dame Class of 2027 Official Thread

Did anyone get invited for Malpass Scholarship?

I sympathize! Rejected, 1570 SAT, NMF, All-State band, Catholic, etc.

were you waitlisted from REA? If you had applied REA I think youd have been accepted.

High stats-hard to accept the reject. Good luck on the ones coming in future.

1 Like

Don’t know about that one but D is a finalist for Hesburg Yusko.

My son applied RD. He also has all 5s and one 4 on 7 APs and taking more this year. I think this is typical in college admissions. He has some great options already and we’ll see what else comes in. We made sure to apply to some great safety schools and easier targets that he loves. Nothing is a guarantee no matter how high the stats unfortunately.

2 Likes

D23 WL’ed. About a 99/100 weighted, one short of max AP’s for her school, which is a competitive Jesuit school and a huge feeder for ND. Not among my top choices for her but top two in her mind, and her profile fits the community focus and character type that ND looks for really well (EC’s were loaded with leadership in youth charitable boards, 4-year athlete and senior captain of a team, one rec letter from a ND alum coach/teacher who’s become a mentor, extended family littered with Domer alums and current students, did Summer Scholars last year) that we were somewhat surprised. She had a good cry, then put on a sweatshirt from the #1 choice of the schools she’s been accepted to and went out with friends last night, so I think she’ll survive! Congrats to all who end up in South Bend.

5 Likes

My son was accepted. But because we have seen amazing kids be rejected to places we thought should have been easy accepts, he did not even let himself fall in love with ND before yesterday.

GPA 3.99/4.60
Rank 1/261
1560 SAT
16 AP/DE- scores to date: 5s and one 4
NHS, Commended Student, AP Scholar with Distinction, Varsity athlete
Volunteer firefighter, tutor, medical internships
Other local and regional academic awards, and hundreds of volunteer hours

3 Likes

WL’ed. got a request on March 9th to provide additional business tax return document. Thought it is a done deal. Very disappointed. Why they waste the time and efforts to prepare financial packages for thousands on the WL

1 Like

what is the date on the CSS profile that they say the award letter was completed? I think they have to run financial aid for the waitlist so that its ready to go as needed.

1 Like

they requested business tax return on the March 9th.
just such a waste to do that for thousands WLs who will have no chance except the lucky 50-100 ones

look on CSS profile, what is the award letter date? Is there one?

1 Like

3/28/2023
CSS says “in general student must be admitted to the college before awards re determined”

Has anyone from “regular decision” received an invitation to apply to the Glynn Honors Program?

1 Like

I know someone who got off wait list. It doesn’t hurt to look up admissions officer for your region and send an email regarding how much you want to go to ND. Also if there are any additions to your application such as extracurriculars or anything you think they should consider, include in the email. No guarantees, but it certainly doesn’t hurt to keep your name in their purview.

1 Like

ZeeMee, Discord, Reddit, etc.

1 Like

FYI on REA
 DS applied REA with nearly same scores. #4 in class. 5.5 GPA denied. REA didn’t help. Good luck with the rest of the decisions.

DS just did today.

Hi, does anyone know if I can delay a gateway program admission by a year?

My guess is that it is unlikely they will you allow you to defer – Gateway is a small program that involves two colleges. Is there a critical reason you need to defer?

BUT the only way to know for sure is to explain your situation and ask the school directly.

1 Like