Notre Dame Leadership Seminar 2020

@ThatOnePigeon I applied to the Global Issues Seminar! I’m from Toronto originally, but for the past few years I’ve been based out of - please don’t judge me - Alberta (you might have a competition for the most out of touch province here haha).

@Navy09mom I don’t think that going to summer scholars will really affect his application at all, to be honest. However, considering his stats, I’m sure that he’s got a great chance!

Also, I definitely understand. Waiting is always the worst part!

Does anybody know how competitive the program is this year?

Thanks. I am a very impatient person. I am not going to make it next year. My oldest was into all these competitive programs and the two in the middle were more your A/B students who went to the state school and are doing well. In many ways, so much easier and no pressure. This one is my last and I am too old for the stress. LOL

@thinkingoffood Ah…I see been to Calgary and Edmonton before and they were pretty nice cities, lots of good food and had a pretty nice urban vibe. Not gonna say which one I liked more though seems like that’s up for contention lol.

Also, should we submit our February ACT scores which came out today? It was a bit better than the score I used to submit with so should I submit it because its a bit better? Do you guys think it will matter a lot? Also, where would I submit it?

@ThatOnePigeon I don’t know whether u should submit that or not. But in case if you want to, you can email your score report to ND pre-college program’s official email (don’t forget to tell them who you are and attach your application code)

I don’t know whether u should submit that or not. But in case if you want to, you can emaill your score report to ND pre-college program’s official email (don’t forget to tell them who you are and attach your application code)

Does anyone know when they will announce the results? I could not find a certain date

Mid March.

This month omg! At least if I don’t get in I’ll have the day off school for Paddy’s day

Ok. It’s March. Let’s take bets on when decisions will come out. Read last year’s thread and it seems like decisions came out on the 18th (which is a Monday this year) and lots of waitlisted applicants. I know last year for summer scholars you could check your status so to speak by viewing your application. This year, it doesn’t seem that way at least over here. My guess is the 19th, Tuesday. Thoughts?

[quote=“Navy09mom, post:31, topic:2078192”]

Ok. It’s March. Let’s take bets on when decisions will come out. Read last year’s thread and it seems like decisions came out on the 18th (which is a Monday this year) /quote]

OOPS! I meant last year the 18th was a Monday!!! This year it’s a Wednesday. Not sure if that makes a difference. The year before, looks like it was announced on the 16th which was a Friday. So many no rhyme or reason.
My bet is the 17th! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

International here applying to the Global Issues seminar. Got deferred from SHI and not having much hope for TASP so kinda stressed for this :neutral: applying to Carleton CLAE for backup

When will the results be released? Next Friday?

I’m only guessing, but think Monday or Tuesday of the following week. I think regular decisions come out for class of 2024 on the 18th (I think I read that), so maybe getting this done first makes sense. They usually will post on social media for the date to check and do so a day or two prior.

here Is an Intl stud from China, what the chance of 110 toef, 1550 SAT with 768 in essay, 42/42 Prediction of IB Score, top GPA in school, decent essays and volunteering exp, debate and operating personal business initiatives.

Strong stats for sure…but you never know

@Nate20021209 they’re really good results fair play to you! Best of luck.

@Navy09mom I reckon you’re right with results coming out Paddy’s day and if not, very close to that. Fingers crossed sooner rather than later

Has anyone received the email on results yet? Waiting for that “status update” is killing me.

Not yet!