Notre Dame Leadership Seminar 2020

Accepted to my first-choice program about Race! I’m excited but at the same time nervous, because I’m outside of the US (yes, international students got accepted too) and things may not get better by then… I’m really hoping everything works out, though.

@PleaseChooseMe, if you don’t mind, could you post or send me the link with information for internationals?

@selfcontrol I’m in the race program too!

Did anyone else get an email saying they’re accepted into virtual Notre Dame because of Covid-19?

@KK2021 I got an email saying that Leadership Seminars has been cancelled and that I was accepted into the online Summer Scholars program. Is this what you mean by virtual Notre Dame?

It’s very disappointing news but it’s for the best of everyone’s safety.

@meian7, @KK2021 Yes. Very unfortunate.
However, if the Summer Scholars, which was supposed to be an on-campus program, now has an online alternative, why isn’t it possible for ND to arrange a virtual Leadership Seminars program for those of us who were accepted into NDLM and still get college credits. We should advocate for an NDLM online program , instead of taking the Summer scholars online which have different program dates (June 28-July 10, 2020)

@Joyfultune @KK2021 Good idea. If you would like, try sending them an email about it!

@dolphins1020,
@selfcontrol
I’m in the race program as well…

@meian7 Just sent one out! If anyone else wants to advocate for an online program, please try reaching out to ND too! The more of us there are, the more likely they are to reconsider their decision! Thanks y’all!

The NDLS was a funded program except for the the application, deposit and transportation, right? Is the online offer to the Summer Scholars program also funded? If I’m not mistaken, I think those programs had a hefty price tag…

@Joyfultune I actually sent one as well! I was really excited for the program, and I don’t think I can justify spending thousands of dollars for a different program than I signed up for : ( I am hoping they respond positively!

I can’t see ND charging us full price for the Summer Scholars programme because they won’t have to include costs such as accommodation and food. What’s more, we applied and got accepted into a programme that has all costs covered. Let’s hope for the best! I believe they made the right call in cancelling the seminar because I can’t see the crisis ending before July, and it’s difficult to control the spread of a virus with internationals coming into the country!

I completely understand why they cancelled the in-campus programmes, but I wonder why it’s only summer scholars that are running online and not NDLS. The people who applied for summer scholars aren’t due to get their decisions until mid-April.

I emailed them to ask when do we chose our subjects and how much it will cost, and they said they’ll be sending out more information on April 17th. I phoned them as well but there was no one in the office, so if they ring back I’ll let ye know.

I can’t imagine the cost being high if they’re online. Also, it says on their website we can earn a college credit

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Did anyone who was waitlisted get in?

@dolphins1020 I feel the same way! I got a response to my email, but it wasn’t the most positive…basically NDLS is off (we won’t even get an online program) and we need to wait until next Friday for more concrete info.

Did ye get an email saying online summer scholars cost $1350?

it seems now that they won’t be charging us for the Summer Scholars but it’s also way less exciting than what we got into. Also they opened 5 new classes in the Summer Scholars “taught by Leadership Seminars faculty” instead of having an online LS. This really doesn’t make that much sense to me. Let’s definitely send emails asking if they can at least certify in some way of our acceptance into the Leadership Seminars!

it seems now that they won’t be charging us for the Summer Scholars but it’s also way less exciting than what we got into. Also they opened 5 new classes in the Summer Scholars “taught by Leadership Seminars faculty” instead of having an online LS. This really doesn’t make that much sense to me. Let’s definitely send emails asking if they can at least certify in some way of our acceptance into the Leadership Seminars!

it seems now that they won’t be charging us for the Summer Scholars but it’s also way less exciting than what we got into. Also they opened 5 new classes in the Summer Scholars “taught by Leadership Seminars faculty” NOT VISIBLE ON THE SS PAGE instead of having an online LS. This really doesn’t make that much sense to me. Let’s definitely send emails asking if they can at least certify in some way of our acceptance into the Leadership Seminars!

I was accepted into Leadership…now they say the Summer Scholars is $1350 for us to attend that instead. Were some of you told it was NO CHARGE for the Summer Scholars program?