Notre Dame Leadership Seminar 2021

Is 3/15 announcement date? I think that I may get in!

I can’t confirm this, but I am pretty sure someone else said the announcement should come out on March 19th according to the Summer Scholars Instagram

yes, it’s the 19th

what extracurriculares have u guys done ?? i’m so nervous ahhh

ah don’t be nervous. there’s nothing that can help us now…it’s fate’s decision.

2 Likes

Well I applied for the global issues seminar as my first choice and I’ve done MUN, Speech & Debate, Academic Decathlon, yearbook, showchoir, member of NHS & CSF, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Committee, Mock Trial, and I also run my own law blog to name a few but ahhh im extremely nervous but honestly everyone here deserves to be accepted so we gotta manifest :grin:

their fb insta twitter accs all say 19 so i believe that’s when the decisions come out

if u dont mind me asking… did u get a likely letter (idk if those exist for this) or do u feel confident because of your strong ECs and essays? i was just curious :))

i gave such as basic answer for the first one and talked abt multilateralism, my second one was pretty solid, my ecs are substantial as well. idk if they give likely letters tho

does anyone know how many people they’re accepting for each part of the leadership seminar or how many total? I applied to the power of investing one! :slight_smile:

120 students are admitted out of a pool of 900+.

if you dont mind me asking, about what level are your ecs at? (regional, international, etc) Are they related to the seminar you signed up for?

my ecs are literally at every level ahaha especially mun and i believe mine are definitely related to the global issues seminar but aaaa this week is the week! the fact we find out at the end tho is excrutiating ;-;

my ecs r all regional/national and pretty unrelated to the seminar :frowning:
i attached a resume but i feel like they wont even read it since its so long lol
i put a lot of unnecessary info in the resume i think that was a mistake
my essay was so basic too aghh

Yeah my ecs were generally not at all related, but I went with kind of an edgy response to the first essay which was definitely a risk, but I’m really curious to see if that gets me anywhere

Most of my ECs were at the international level or had a global impact! I think they were definitely related but my recommendation from my business teacher of two years was my biggest spike/connection to power of investing.

Honestly my ecs were all over the place but I made sure to pick the strongest things I had even if some of them had no direct correlation with the power of investing.

1 Like

AHHHH decisions are literally so close

1 Like

Anyone know what time of day decisions have typically come out?

according to the past threads i think they might be released at around 5pm-7pm est…??

ahhhhhhhhhh 2 more days why does it feel so long, prob bc im on spring break rn