Notre Dame Leadership Seminar 2021

the fact that they could cancel it or switch it to online after you already commit makes me nervous because online will definitely not be the same experience, and for me, i am not sure if it’s worth it to give up my other stuff then have it be just online or even cancelled :confused: fingers crossed that it can go on and be in-person!

my insta is valentinamor_ for anybody that wants to talk

i’m confident that they will not cancel the program. the reason why programs were cancelled last year is because those colleges were unsure of the impact of COVID and no students were allowed on campus. currently, nd students are studying there daily from all parts of the country. the same protocol will probably apply and hs students will have a chance to go this summer. that’s my thought.

1 Like

Accepted to Race seminar

We just got the email that it’s being moved online! I’m sad to see that. Is anyone considering changing their decision to attend to based on this?

I will definitely still attend. The summer scholars online program was phenomenal last year.

I haven’t checked but that’s disappointing. Not just the lack of opportunity to experience South Bend with other attendees but especially since ND is one of my very top college choices. Now I can’t help but be worried that if I decline NDLS for other programs/work that are in-person that it may appear poorly during college application.

Agreed. It’s disappointing for sure. I definitely think the experience of being on campus is one that can’t be beat.

I can’t believe they moved it online. How disappointing for the kids. D will probably still attend, but we are scrambling for other opportunities that will be in-person.

hey do u mind sharing ur stats/ecs? I got waitlisted from global issues

submitted an sat that was good. conducted research for cultural diplomacy, which i highlighted in the essay prompt. a lot of school leadership. good recs. a few distinguished awards. nothing else really.

My son was waitlisted. Today he got an email giving him an option to either continue to be on the waitlist with the possibility of being granted admission into the Leadership Seminar OR enrolling at full tuition cost in his top course choice in a Summer Scholar program. He will have till April 12 to decide what option to select. He would have found out if he got off the waitlist till April 26. Does anyone know if the individual selects to be on the waitlist and doesn’t get off the waitlist, can he then request to enroll in the SS program even if you didn’t make that choice when asked?? We would like him to participate in the Leadership Seminar and see if he can get off the waitlist. Any ideas or recommendations? It’s a hard decision to make. Thanks.

i think i’ll still attend just bc most things are online this year already and there are little f2f programs (in my region). there’s a ndls group chat where were talking abt this, if you want to be added you can message me your insta @

2 Likes

Very surprised to see it cancelled, especially with the rate of vaccine shores being given. Still going to do it, as I think it would look good on app

Am in global issues and still intend on doing it, but I’m very disappointed to see it online. I wish they wouldn’t have jumped the gun on this and just waited to see how everything panned out.

I’m very likely to sign up since ND is high on my list for college anyway and will be good to get some sense of the school even if remotely. Now have to just re-adjust summer work plans around this as much as possible.

Many high profile summer programs have also announced going virtual over last couple of weeks, including the expensive fee-based ones, which would be even more unpalatable - one in northeast is even expanding intake because it’s virtual.

Thanks! My insta is jaylalee2004

did anyone get off the waitlist?

yup. in the accepted gc, there was one who was accepted off the waitlist.

Was this for this year?