Notre Dame waitlist current 2026 entry

I would have guessed that people on the waiting list would have heard by now but was curious if anyone was aware of anyone getting selected off the waiting list??

Haven’t heard for undergrad yet but someone I know who applied for grad school saying that they were so overwhelmed that there would be a delay with waitlist offers. Has anyone heard of any offers off the undergraduate waitlist ?

Notre Dame AO replied to my email saying this year’s admission from the waiting list will be “extremely unlikely” because the number of students enrolled has already completed their freshman class

Thank you. That’s disappointing but good to know.

I did not realize that Notre Dame completed their Waitlist so quickly. I reread my letter and see now that they said you should have a decision by May 15. Other school waitlists are known to continue on into the summer, so I was surprised to see that Notre Dame wraps up so quickly especially given the current climate and the fact that they also offer some people a transfer option. I have not seen anyone discuss the transfer option listed in their waitlist offer-does anyone know anything about this? I looked at an old thread from 2018 and it seems that 20 people were pulled from the waitlist and then it was over. I was surprised to see no mention of the transfer offer.

Just got off the waitlist as part of the Gateway program

6 Likes

What does that mean?

Omg congrats! How were you notified?

Getway Transfer offer is your freshman year at the college next door and then automatic transfer into ND.
You have to be invited to participate in this program… And keep a certain gpa your entire freshman year to qualify for transfer.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! Very few are invited to participate in Gateway. Best of Luck!

I just got an email from the Notre dame’s office of undergraduate saying they aren’t taking anyone off the waitlist. I’m sorry for those who were waitlisted. I understand the pain.

1 Like

So odd that they have not sent out an email to everyone! It has been two hours since the post about not admitting anyone off the waiting list. I have checked my email repeatedly and have nothing

Same here. Nothing from admissions one way or the other. Odd.

Thanks for your response! It is odd.

1 Like

Not sure why.

1 Like

We’re on pins and needles and so confused. Did ND actually close the waitlist or did they just notify some applicants that they would not be selected (and select others for admission). My child is in the group that has heard nothing and we’re not sure what to make of this. Any update appreciated!

1 Like

I honestly don’t think they would close it completely so fast…unless they are weeding some out. Just as we are on the ND waitlist, some ND commits might be on waitlists at other schools…I can’t imagine backing out of ND but someone could, especially if they have dreams of an Ivy or another dream school. Until the “jockeying” around ends, I have to feel there is possibility of movement…even if minimal…I can’t imagine they would leave any openings available…especially with so many just praying for a call. So for now we continue to wait, pray and hope for the best!

1 Like

Just to confirm what @Momof-3 just said: the fact that the Office of Undergraduate Admissions decided not to extend offers to students on the the waiting list at this time, points to the fact that their yield projection after the May 1st confirmation deadline suggests achievement of their class size objective with the currently admitted student base. This does not necessarily mean that Notre Dame will now officially close the waiting list, a lot may or may not happen over the forthcoming college admission summer melt period. However, at this stage it will all depend on the final yield rate, i.e. admitted students with confirmation deposit payments formally enrolling for the Fall 2022 semester.

Congratulations @shrithakur45!

1 Like

They called me and then updated my portal later

1 Like