Notre Dame waitlist current 2026 entry

Thanks. It really was difficult. Part of me wants to reach out to ND and point out that with the university being a school with such a strong legacy focus, this could be a regular occurrence and perhaps sending the email after commencement activities have concluded would be better. I’m not so sure how they would take it though.
And I’m sure that she will enjoy her time at school. She just needs a little time to move past this.

6 Likes

It was nice they tried to soften the blow by saying you will have some advantage if you apply as a transfer. That and her legacy status should help if she decides to try again next year! Hope she enjoys the school she has committed to.

1 Like

That language was in the waitlist email? Sounds like different emails were sent to those waitlisted?

I am so sorry. This had to be so rough. She sounds amazingly strong. I hope she has a great experience at the school where she goes! Last year my son was deferred, waitlisted, and then not selected off the waitlist. He embraced the Jesuit school that admitted him and welcomed him so warmly during the regular decision process and had a great Freshman year. He received a few emails from ND about the transfer application in winter but never pursued it.

5 Likes

It is nice to have the closure. We received an email last year on May 15 that waitlist was closed so same timeframe.

1 Like

I would send that email. It is a good suggestion to them in the Admissions office.

Thanks for the feedback. She was a trooper, but man that was tough.

I sent an email to general Admissions, and to the Director of the group. She was kind enough to respond and noted that their goal was getting the applicants feedback by the May 15th date, but she understood my perspective and said that she would share that feedback for the future. I hope that is the case. I don’t wish that timing on anyone. I felt like I was split in two… so happy and proud of my son, and yet broken-hearted for my daughter. Luckily it’s time to focus on fun things with her chosen school so hopefully it’s all good from here.

7 Likes

Hi All — has anyone heard any updates regarding class of 2027 waitlist decisions and where enrollment stands thus far? Appears ND reached out to some waitlisted students in April in previous years so wanted to know if anyone has heard anything

1 Like

We have not heard on ND yet, hoping soon!

You may want to follow this thread also. Notre Dame 2027 Waitlist