Now that I've been accepted, I have some questions!

<p>Your welcome :slight_smile:
If you have a phone with Internet service, you can just login to your Crimson Mail Account to read your emails. Won’t that work for you?</p>

<p>Yes it is.</p>

<p>Do you have an iPhone, Android or something else?</p>

<p>Edit: Nm, you answered already.</p>

<p>It’s super easy for Android phones. Crimson Mail is actually a Google Apps system; that mean the Crimson Mail system is a built with the google email infrastructure and Crimson email address is just a branded Gmail account. So you can easily add your crimson account your phone like your Gmail account.</p>

<p>Go to settings and under Accounts, select Add Account. Then select Google account. On the next screen, click Existing. On the next screen under Login put your full Crimson email address. The password is the same as your myBama password. Then click Okay. The phone will then Sync to your Crimson account and then will ask you what you want to sync. You only want to sync mail, not calender, contacts (unless you plan to use the Crimson mail calendar), or apps. Then your crimson mail will be pushed to your phone just like your GMail
pretty nifty!</p>

<p>Also, protip: you can get to your email on a computer without having to log into mybama by going to mail.crimson.ua.edu. Then put in your myBama login and password and you’ll directly to your Crimson mail inbox. You can also do this on your phone.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>

<p>New questions!!!</p>

<p>I already saw the new thread about the Nongreek UA experience, but I didn’t want to intrude on her question. </p>

<p>Mine is basically the same though,except I won’t be in honors college. Will it still be fun to attend there? Will nongreek, non-honors kids be treated like outcasts/nobodies? I’ve read reviews online about students who went/go there that the above statement is true. I don’t want to be the center of attention, but I also don’t want to be looked down upon by many people. Is this really a school I should be going to if the greek life doesn’t interest me?</p>

<p>I really want to attend here but that somewhat makes me nervous. Hopefully the above isn’t true!</p>

<p>My fault, I guess, for not doing enough research :-/.</p>

<p>Will nongreek, non-honors kids be treated like outcasts/nobodies</p>

<p>Outcasts? Nobodies? lol
no.</p>

<p>You’re CS, right? Most of the CS/eng’g students aren’t Greek anyway.</p>

<p>My kids were Math and ChemE majors
neither were Greek. Both were active.</p>

<p>There are 30,000 people at UA. You will fit in!</p>

<p>My D is a junior and is not greek. She has plenty of friends. </p>

<p>You will want to join a club or two. Here is a link to the list of clubs. <a href=“- My SOURCE”>https://ua.collegiatelink.net/organizations&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Sports and intramurals info: [University</a> Recreation Center](<a href=“http://urec.sa.ua.edu/scfaq.cfm]University”>http://urec.sa.ua.edu/scfaq.cfm)</p>

<p>More info: [Life</a> at UA - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>Nope. Not CS. I’m bad at math as one of my past threads have shown lol!
I’m Undecided at the moment.</p>

<p>And I unfortunately don’t have any “interests”:(. I just sit on my computer all day.</p>

<p>Congrats on your acceptance, bro! I have a quick question for you, actually. From the time UA received your app, how long did it take for you to get the acceptance letter? I sent the app a month ago, but the transcript wasn’t sent until this past Thursday.</p>

<p>Again, congrats!</p>

<p>I also want to clarify that I only read 2-3 reviews that said that nongreeks would be treated like outcasts. It wasn’t a large group of people saying that. Just an FYI for anyone thinking of attending.</p>

<p>It actually only took about a week, which is pretty fast in my opinion! And I sent in my transcript at a later date too. So from the time they got everything they needed, it took about a week to get the official letter!</p>

<p>Good luck!!</p>

<p>Thanks! I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for it this month!</p>

<p>What about getting involved in a student ministry group that is on or near campus? One of D’s friends from here is non greek, non honors and seems to be having a lot of fun and making lots of friends. She did join one of the Christian sororities.</p>

<p>That’d be great, but I am not really a religious person. It’s just never been a part of me. I don’t think they’d be too interested in having someone like me there lol</p>

<p>^^^heck no, you will not be an outcast. First off only about 1/3 of the campus is Greek and I suspect that as the dues are high, some students who rush as freshman do not remain active throughout their four years.</p>

<p>There are a multitude of campus clubs, organizations, and religious or non-religious affiliated groups to join. There are Honors College activities, lecture series, plays, concerts, recitals, and art events on campus to attend. There are sporting events that encompass all levels from spectator to participant. There are part-time jobs, volunteer opportunities, and study groups. There are museums, several libraries and many historic places to explore on campus. There are some interesting restaurants and several coffee shops to meet your friends in or for dining. Are you bored yet? You see, you will be as busy and productive as you want to be. Don’t forget you also will have classes to attend along with homework and studying to do. Then you still have to find time to wash your clothes and keep your room clean. :)</p>

<p>Lol! Thanks! I’ve always had a hard time making friends. I don’t really go out much but hopefully I will have some opportunities.</p>

<p>Mom2collegekids, my son is considering UA for fall of 2014. He wants to major in enginerring. He has sent in his app and transcripts. Test scores should arrive shortly. He got 31 on his only ACT sitting so the UA scholarship combined with the eng. supp. would make him elligible for full tuition and stipend so no need to retest. Like your son, he is considering med school. Your posts have been very helpful and are the reason my son is interested in Bama! Would it be possible for us to chat off-line? I have many questions
honors college, scholarship application, housing, etc. I am new to this forum so I hope I’m using it appropriately. Thanks for all of your insights!</p>

<p>I tend to be shy too, but it is easier for me to make friends while participating in fun activities. There are many community service projects affiliated with Bama so you can clean up a park and meet other like minded students and potential friends.</p>

<p>Alomstdoneone: May I be the first of many to welcome you to to the University of Alabama forum. Feel free to join in any of the threads and ask questions. Many moms/dads and some students post here. As you probably know already, this is a pretty active and awesome forum.</p>

<p>Congratulations to your son on his ACT score and scholarship opportunities, however might I suggest that your son retake his ACT to push his score up to the 32 level. That is assuming your son is an out of state student. The reason I suggest this is that your son is currently only one point away from a Presidential scholarship without the engineering supplement. Suppose your son decides last minute that he no longer wants to major in engineering, he would not be at the ACT requirement for a full tuition scholarship. I would rather my student be set without the need of having to be an engineering major. He is only one point away and there is still time to test for this year. Of course if your son does not major in engineering, he also would not be eligible for the extra yearly stipend awarded to engineering students. This is just food for thought.</p>

<p>Robotbldmom, Thanks for the welcome! My son thought about retaking for the flexibility you mentioned. I think it would be a good idea but since he explained he is dead set on engineering (he just came back from the Dartmouth STEM Exploration Program last week even more convinced), he does not want to take any more tests! He just finished his third and last SAT subject test Saturday. Your reasoning, and mine, is sound but I am trying my best to let him manage this process despite my stealth info gathering on this forum! I will suggest it to him again as I think I have him on the fence.</p>

<p>If I could ask a few other questions. His test scores should be in this week. Can he not fill out the scholarship app. until he is accepted? How about the app to the Honors College? I would like to get this all squared away as we would like to schedule a visit perhaps over Thanksgiving week or weekend. Also we would like to get his housing deposit in early! Thanks again!</p>

<p>P.S. We are in California (S.F. Bay area)</p>

<p>alomostdoneone: Threaten him! Bribe him! It’s 10k over four years - a gamble well worth a couple more tests, especially as he is SO close. </p>

<p>NRDSON could have been bought for 50 bucks in a similar situation.</p>

<p>Cry if necessary - I bet he gets it!</p>