NSC Advice from Experienced Aggies?

My daughter is attending the June 16th NSC. Any advice from experienced parents? I know there was a thread on here previously with great tips but I can’t find it!!

Finishing up her last AP tests today - she’s so done with HS and ready for Aggieland! Whoop!

Here is the thread. http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/17357014/#Comment_17357014

Wow, thanks for asking, WWmama – I didn’t realize that ^^ thread existed, and it was very helpful!

Congratulations and enjoy these last few weeks of high school! NSC is filled with lots of great information, as I experienced with both my daughters in the last few years. I know my kids would say they would recommend your daughter create sample class schedules before she goes so she will feel more comfortable when she registers at her NSC… With those sample schedules, registration was a lot less stressful. Have fun and gig’em!

I am not a parent but I am a student. My biggest recommendation is go to everything! They have family track which is great for parents to attend. I think you learn a lot of valuable information there!

Talk to the other parents & students. NSC is mandatory for everyone - some of the attendees are newbies while others are seasoned veterans who have lots of insider information. Also many of the hotel employees/restaurant staffs are students or former students, just ask them questions too. We found everyone to be very helpful.

I actually started the posted NSC thread last year. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. The NSC can be quite daunting and you will be very tired by the event is done.

Thank you all!! I’m a little nervous about this. My work schedule has created a conflict and dad is handling most of this…I’m sure he’ll be fine!