NSC Question

I added my mom as a guest to come with me to the NSC, however, in the end we decided my sister will be attending. Does it matter if I edit her in as the actual guest? I tried to change her just now, but was not allowed. My NSC is tomorrow.

No, it shouldnt matter who you bring with you. The only thing that guest registration is used for is determining how many meal vouchers they need to provide. At my NSC last year I dont even recall my mom having to check in, I think they gave me her materials when I checked in.

You can’t make any changes to your NSC guest registration within 5 days of your NSC, so that’s why you couldn’t edit the name. When we went, the students and parents went to separate check-in tables. I think Evon1254 is right about them needing a head count, but your sister should still go to the parent/guest check-in table to pick up the information. She can give your mother’s name or simply explain she came instead of your mother. Here’s a link with a phone number you can call if you want to verify - look under the section “We need to add or remove a guest” for the phone number to the office.
https://newaggie.tamu.edu/family-and-guests/registration-faqs/#AddRemoveGuest

We went to NSC last week. We (Student and guest) picked our our packets at the same time and same table. They had my name tag printed but I saw several people with hand written name tags. I don’t think it will make any difference at all if you switch guests.