NSC - register now or wait if DD is undecided

<p>DD has narrowed her choices down to two schools, one being A&M. She's been admitted to the COE but has not heard from the other school and probably won't until February/March. Since NSC fill up quickly, should she go ahead and register for one even though she's undecided? Or should she wait?</p>

<p>I would sign up, I believe its like $100 or $150 but I think its a worth while thing to do if I were you. Hope this helps!</p>

<p>@rainh2o Dorms also fill up quickly, so sending in the refundable housing deposit could also be a good idea. BTW, my son is a freshman engineering student and loves A&M, but your daughter needs to be prepared to work very hard. Where else is your daughter waiting on?</p>

<p>@Beaudreau she’s waiting on UT. Working hard’s not a problem for her, but now she’s decided that she really wants to go to medical school and is nervous about the engineering curriculum (biomedical is what she would eventually apply to). We did do the A&M housing deposit to be safe, especially since since admission to UT could go either way.</p>

<p>Yes, I would register for the NSC. I also agree that you want to register for the dorms too. Both of these fill up quickly and you would kick yourself if she decided on TAMU. You can get a refund on the NSC if you do not go. You can also get your deposit back on the dorms. No real risk.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the information!</p>

<p>The NSC registration is not refundable but they do request you notify them if you decide not to attend. This is your notification of acceptance but is not 100% binding, you just lose your money. <a href=“FAQs – New Student Conferences”>http://newaggie.tamu.edu/faqs/&lt;/a&gt; </p>

<p>Under the FAQ section for the NSC is shows refunds, but maybe this is just for guests.</p>

<p>How do I request a refund?</p>

<p>Contact our office by phone at (979) 845-5826 to cancel your registration and receive a refund. Full refunds will be provided until end of business on January 6, 2015 (for January NSCs) and May 1, 2015 (for Summer 2015 NSCs). A 50% refund will be provided up to 5 business days prior to your scheduled conference day 1. No refunds will be given for cancellations within 4 business days prior to your scheduled conference day 1.</p>