NSC registration

So I decided to register for the NSC, and the only options left are in July and August. I heard that if you register for a late NSC, you may not get some classes you want or some professors you want.

Are there any other downsides? Also, I am an Engineering Honors Student, so will I still be able to register for Honors courses?

My son had one of the last nsc dates in June. He is also in honors engineering. The way they do the registration is they open up seats in classes right before each nsc. So while there may be some advantage to the earlier dates, it isn’t huge from what I have heard. He did not have any trouble getting the honors engineering class and ended up with a schedule he was happy with (well he made some changes during add/drop and then was very happy with his schedule).

@rosegeo what about registration in August? Are honors students guaranteed honors courses?

I would think so but honestly I don’t know for sure.

I also feel you will be fine in August. They do leave room for the later conferences to keep things fair. And one thing to keep in mind is to take a deep breath and just do your best. Your son may get a perfect schedule or he may end up with a time slot or professor he wasn’t thrilled with. Just take it all with a grain of salt, and if he takes advantage of all the resources available to him and works hard, he can succeed. My freshman honors engineering student who did not take physics in high school ended up in PHYS 218 with a professor who had a 1.5 rating and rightfully so. My son and his roommate basically taught themselves from the book and still ended up with an A. Of course, preparation for registration is very important, but also prepare him mentally to accept what happens. We were WAY more relaxed registering for spring and now, he is fully handling sophomore year on his own. Best of luck to your Aggie! They grow up so much in this first year!

@pthunder They will advise the Honors students together at your NSC. You should really be fine to get into those courses