NSLI-y applications 2022-2023

Hey y’all, NSLI-y applications for this summer/academic year have recently opened up, apps due on Nov. 4th! just wanted to create this thread for this year, good luck to all applicants, especially returning virtual alums!

2 Likes

Hi
Any results yet for NSLI Y? Anyone received notice for semifinalists?

I’m wondering the same thing!

i was accepted into virtual winter 2022 program! i know it’s different than the summer program, but i was wondering if anyone else on here will be in my cohort—and, of course, good luck to summer applicants <3

Anyone get word back on Semifinalist?

NSLI-Y recently made a post on their Instagram stating “NSLI-Y semi-finalist notifications will be release by mid-December” So if I were to guess, maybe by the 20th!

Also, hello! I’m an applicant waiting on my Korean Summer 2022 results! I just wanted to remind you all that keeping a positive mindset about this will totally help you out! Good luck! : )

Just got SF notification!

Congrats! I wasn’t selected for further consideration but that’s probably due to me being a freshman, I have 3 more years to try. I’m wishing you luck on the next part of the process!! And I’ll be checking the thread.

1 Like

Just got semifinalist notification as well. second try for me–gl/congrats to everyone depending on when you’re reading

My son got his semi-finalist notice for Korean Summer! He’s a Junior and this was his first time applying. His sister did Arabic summer 4 years ago, so he had some insight from a successful applicant. Good luck to everyone moving on! NSLI-Y is a great program

1 Like

My son got SF notification last night. He applied AY Arabic

1 Like

It’s awesome that you applied as a freshman! I’m confident you’ll find an opportunity to study abroad over the next couple of years.

1 Like

Thank you! Good luck with interviews!!

Does anyone have a group chat to keep up with finalist notifications this march? I’m waiting for NSLI-Y, YES, and FLEX Abroad.

Which language did you apply for?

My daughter did NSLI-Y (Arabic Summer) a few years ago and my son is a semifinalist for Korean. We had good luck hearing about notifications on the various FB groups

Arabic AY

1 Like

I’m waiting for all 3 as well- I did Arabic AY and Mandarin AY. Were you able to find a group chat? Can you add me to it if you did?

I didn’t get into NSLIY this year (again) but I’ll share the info I have of the finalist notification. I got this from another thread

YES:
2021 = April 6 - 1st Wednesday (This was delayed till April due to COVID)
2020 = March 10 - 2nd Tuesday
2019 = March 11 - 2nd Monday
2018 = March 12 - 2nd Monday

NSLI-Y:
2020 (Chinese) = April 21 - 3rd Tuesday
2019 (Chinese) = April 5 - 1st Friday
2018 (Chinese) = April 13 - 2nd Friday

I don’t know about CBYX and FLEX is brand new so we don’t know too much. I am assuming it will come out with the YES notifications.

1 Like