Nursing Early Action 2021

Hey y’all,
I’m new here but i was just wondering how many schools should i apply to for early action. I want to major in nursing, i have 11 schools in mind, but i’m afraid if i apply regular decision I won’t have a good chance of getting in compared to if i applied early action. thx
(i’m from NC btw)

my list of schools:
unc-ch
ncat
uncw
ecu
umd
howard
drexel
UMin
fau
fsc
mcphs

Great question! My D is also trying to figure out how many schools to apply to. She has already decided to apply as early as possible and she is applying to all direct admit schools. We have heard that is the best way to go. I think she has 1-2 schools on her list that are not direct admit. (We are in CT)

It’s awesome to know i’m not alone. A lot of Direct-Admit schools are requiring students to send in applications by November, i don’t want it to overwhelm me since i’m also taking college chem and an EMT course.

I would reply EA for all your schools if you can. It gives you the best chance of getting a spot. And then hopefully you can relax by Dec / Jan as offers come in!

what i learned from applying fall 2020 was applying to a well rounded list of colleges. a lot of public state schools in my state don’t have nursing as a major but those who did were extremely competitive (ex: ucla and uci nursing w a 1% acceptance rate) so i applied to other state schools in a different major just as a backup in case i didn’t get into any of my top choice nursing school. i also applied to some other schools w higher acceptance nursing as a backups such as seattleu and u of portland