Nursing or Psychology?

Hello everyone,
I was previously enrolled in the RN program at my CC, but failed second semester by 2%. Therefore, I am now debating weather to continue to pursuit nursing, or switch to psychology. My primary goal was to become a Family or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, but I barely managed to get average scores in nursing school. I am now thinking of transferring to four-year university and obtaining my bachelors in psychology. I know that graduate school is a must in order to get a decent paying job in such field, but I am ready to work hard in whatever I end up pursuing. However, I have been researching and I find so much negativity and poor job outlooks for psychology majors, while I find endless opportunities in the nursing field. My nursing instructor told me that I can reapply for readmission as long as their is space available, but would most likely have to wait an entire semester to start again. I am stuck in between the two, and would appreciate some advice. Thank you.

To be a NP, you have to have a BSN degree. Some nurses get their nursing degree in pieces. If you cannot do well enough to get a BSN, you can alway get a 4 year Psych degree and then get an AA nursing degree and work in Psych as nurse. If you love it, you can go on to get your BSN perhaps from an online program then go on to get your NP.

The Psych degree will always serve you but as you know, a BA in Psych doesn’t offer you a career path unless you go on to get an MA and/or PhD. Just giving you an alternate plan to think about.

I would imagine there is a strong market for nurses who are willing to work in psych wards. You could take electives in psychology if you can get back into nursing school.