Nursing - scholarship and honors program

<p>Have a friend who is hearing how much S and others from their high school are liking UA. </p>

<p>Her D has applied and been accepted to UA nursing but was wondering about scholarships. I’ve linked her to the nursing/scholarship application. We were talking about other options – Does anyone know if you’re in the nursing program can you also apply to Honors College?</p>

<p>Your friend’s daughter definitely can apply to the Honors College, as well as the various honors programs (IHP, CBHP, Fellows).</p>

<p>Did this girl submit a scholarship app (the regular one for the university???)? She needs to do so ASAP…Dec 1st deadline!!!</p>

<p>Yes, there are nursing students in Honors…any major can be in honors.</p>

<p>As others have said, yes, you can be in nursing and honors. D’s friend has been accepted into both. Also, there are department scholarships for nursing, even for incoming freshman. I specifically asked this when we went on our tour. I assumed that they were just for the students who have been accepted into the upper level of the program, but they told me that scholarships are for all levels :slight_smile: Let me know if you want more info on the program.</p>

<p>Thank you all (or do I say y’all, still learning when appropriate), I will tell her I’ve found out I wasn’t mistaken and am sending her the link for the scholarship application. I had mentioned the Dec. 1 deadline, luckily her daughter is one who will get right on it. </p>

<p>Happy Thanksgiving, and as you can see by the time I’m up late preparing as much as possible to enjoy the day, as much as possible when missing DS :frowning: (told DH 4 months is going to be TOOO long, 3 months is my limit without seeing him, easy tears coming all the time now.)</p>

<p>^ I hear you socal2 - counting the remaining days until DS comes home for Christmas… I was good until a few weeks ago, now it can’t come soon enough :)</p>