Nursing School Application Question

<p>Hi I was wondering if they look at whether or not they take into account if you had medical or any related experience when applying to Nursing School because I have worked as a CNA for about a year now but my grades aren't where I would like it to be.</p>

<p>You should see what the individual schools say. Call them or trawl their websites.</p>

<p>I would guess that most nursing school applicants do not have medical experience. If you have taken AP Bio, then you are probably ahead of the curve.</p>

<p>Any work or volunteer experience is positive - because it shows you know what you are getting into, and not just applying for nursing because you want job security.</p>

<p>It depends on the school. At my daughter’s first school, it was completely and solely gpa-based admission. After a frustrating 2 years trying to get into the nursing program, she applied to a different local university that considers several things for admission: your gpa (or transfer gpa, in her case), 2 professional recommendations, a personal essay, and your results on the TEAS test. Thankfully, she has 6 years of working in assisted living, so this more holistic approach benefited her. She was accepted and is loving it.</p>