Nursing Schools in Texas

<p>I am looking for recommendations of top nursing programs at Texas universities. Especially those that are generous with scholarship money. Can anyone offer any ideas?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I’m also interested in the answer to this question.</p>

<p>you can google this but as a Texan freshman who wants to get into nursing school i’ll put what i have been told from research and asking</p>

<p>Baylor and UT are the best from what i have been told. However I go to UTArlington and if your able to get into the program it is very good as well. I have been told from a friends that classes are hard at Baylor and UT. I feel that at UTA which is a top school behind those two you have it relatively easy as an undergrad if you are of average intelligence and will study. with a freshman seminar nursing class i had to take this semester we went to the smart hospital and it is BAD A**!! the dummies range from babies to adults and can talk (preprogramed and has sum1 watching you with cameras and saying stuff) the dummies can poop, urinate, have heart beat, pulse, and can breath. Its really cool you should go to the website. they have different units such as ICU and Labor and delivery where one of the dummies can give birth!!! the place looks like a real hospital and as med stations,crash cart, and monitors even the laundry stuff… In my opinion UTA is the BEST if your able to get into the nursing school after 2 yrs of undergrad stuff. take it from sum1 who could have went to UT the cost is cheap compared to what my friend pays at UT for his dorm alone!! also if your coming from high school they have automatic scholarships for things like top 10%. also with financial aid i don’t have any student loans and get $1,000’s back as refund (almost 10,000)YOU CANT BEAT THAT IF I GET INTO THE PROGRAM AND PLUS ITS ONE OF THE BEST SO PEOPLE CANT LOOK DOWN ON YOU… i will say that it isn’t a SOCIAL school especially if you commute, unless you really just want to go there and introduce yourself to people and go to parties…its more like go to class,listen to the teacher, then leave… the only “social” class is the freshman seminar nursing class where u meet people who are in the same boat</p>

<p>Baylor University Waco, TX
East Texas Baptist University Marshall, TX
Lamar University The High Fidelity Simulation Lab available to nursing students Beaumont, TX
Texas A&M Health Sciences Center College Station, TX
University of Houston-Victoria
University of Texas at Arlington Arlington, TX
University of Texas at Austin Austin, TX
University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston Houston, TX
University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio San Antonio, TX
West Texas A&M University Canyon, TX
Texas Womans University denton,TX</p>