Nursing Summer Camps / Programs for High Schoolers

I am looking for recommendations re: summer nursing camps/programs for high schoolers. I was really surprised to see how many options were available. A quick Google search showed options at The Ohio State, UCI, Auburn, University of Washington, University of Portland, TCU, Indiana Wesleyan, Adelphi University, Fairfield University, Liberty University, Bellin College, UMHB, NSLC, etc… You get the idea. There are a lot. If it matters, my D will be a rising junior next summer (but will not turn 16 yrs until July).

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance

PS - I understand there is no substantive benefit to these types of programs. Really my D is just trying to have some fun while getting a little exposure to nursing to confirm her interest. We have no nurses in the family, and have not been able to find any shadow or volunteer opportunities in our area for a variety of reasons.

I don’t know what state you are in…but I think getting a CNA would be a great thing if allowed for your kid’s age in your state.

1 Like

We are in Illinois. I don’t think she’ll be able to do a CNA program this summer (she’ll be 15 yrs old for a good chunk of the summer), but it’s on her radar for the following summer (in between 11th and 12th grade).

1 Like

Maybe volunteer in a nursing home, or a hospital, or a visiting the elderly program through your local house of worship? Seems to me that it would be better to get some real exposure, rather than pay for a camp or program for aspiring nurses.

3 Likes