Nursing with math?

<p>I'm really good at math, and I'm a senior and have applied to Colleges as a nursing major.</p>

<p>Now I'm just not sure it's for me because it seems like a waste of my math skills.
Why I'm interested in Nursing is because of the flexibility in education. You can get a BS and then come out to work and develop an interest in a certain area like pediatric or cancer or stuff like that. Is there a nursing maters degree that requires a high level of math skills?</p>

<p>I don't know maybe I'm just confused and advice is welcome even if you tell me how stupid I am. Don't get me wrong, I do care about people and I want to care for them, but I feel like that was already a given considering that I want to be a nurse</p>

<p>The most important skill for a nursing degree is aptitude for science. If you feel nursing is right for you, it is not a waste of math skills.</p>

<p>IF math skills are really important to you, you might look at some other health care fields, such as pharmacy???</p>

<p>Nursing isn’t really related to math. So I would recommend choosing one or the other.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice! I am currently trying to go for a biomedical engineering degree</p>

<p>I believe that there is a shortage of biomed engineering seats at many universities. Ask questions before you enroll, if you really want that specialty.</p>