NYC Meetup

@cinnamon, if the train goes to Grand Central, it’s really close to the restaurant, like considerably less than 10 minutes. From Penn Station a little further but walkable.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

I’m seeing this thread now for the first time. I’m right by NYC and would love to join. I’ve met many CCers over the years, but I don’t think I have met any of those in this group except Mathmom long ago. Is it too late to join the reservation? Let me know and I’ll join if there is room. Also, is it possible to private message a cheat sheet of real names, or at least first names? Not sure on all.

1 Like

I am working on logistics (fyi)

Paging @Lindagaf

I am sure it is (more than) fine, @soozievt !!

OK, great. Please add me to the list, whomever is making the reservation. BTW, I love Dim Sum and haven’t had it in a very long time! It will be fun to meet you all! I’ve been in NYC for the past 5 years, but not the entire 21 years I have been on CC!

Ok I am in!!

1 Like

@oldfort is handling the reservations and such.

Thanks, will contact!

Sorry, missed the updates. I will message you @oldmom4896 @oldfort

I think @oldfort had mentioned that she’s out of the country right now.

1 Like

Hope you guys get some confirmation on all this very soon. Have a great time. Sounds fun!

I don’t mind a trip like that in a train assuming I have a good book. Ages ago we did a meetup in Hartford which was about a two hour drive for me. It was at about my limit then and probably over it now. Hope you’ll decide it’s worth it! Anything you could do in the City before or after?

1 Like

Ha ha, the train is fine! It’s the finding coverage to feed the 10 horses here, and someone to let the dogs out to pee (I will be visiting my son before the meet up) since I will be gone for 12 hours.

2 Likes

@oldfort hasn’t responded to my request to join the reservation and so maybe she is away. I will wait on planning to come until someone is aware of adding to the reservation.

No don’t wait!!! Just come!

She is aware, she is just out of town.

I am coming. I will wear a red carnation so that you will all recognize me.

lol, I am sure you’ll recognize Marge Simpson when I walk in!

And I probably won’t actually have a red carnation!

Thank you. If someone has added me to the reservation list/total, that’s great and I’ll be there. I still think it would be great if there was a group private message to list our CC name with our first names?!

PS, I won’t be dressed as an owl wearing a graduation cap either!

We’re going to need nametags with both our CC name and our real name.

I like the idea of playing Guess Who? :smiley:

I’ll create a message to all of us who are coming. We can post our photo and cell number if we like. When @oldfort returns she can update the reservation.

@VeryHappy , sent you a message, as I believe you live near me.

1 Like