NYC Meetup

Hope you all have a fabulous time–what a group! I’m on babysitting duty but will be there in spirit.

4 Likes

The ten of us had a great time!!! What a terrific and fun group!!!

11 Likes

That’s not enough detail. Tell us who here you talked about…! :wink:

2 Likes

So glad you had fun.
(So sorry I couldn’t join you.)

We will never tell! :rofl:

2 Likes

It was so much fun! And lovely to meet the humans behind the avatars!

2 Likes

Are there any pictures?

1 Like

Can’t imagine people would want pictures online.

3 Likes

Nobody took any
pictures. But even had anyone done so, I can’t imagine it being posted on an anonymous forum.

3 Likes

I hope we will do it again, and others in the area will join us!

2 Likes

I would have come if it was a different date. There was too much going on.

1 Like

@neela1, I am sure we’ll do it again.

2 Likes

It was great to meet up with everyone. And it was especially fun for me to take off from work and be in City on a random Tuesday afternoon.

3 Likes

It was lovely. I managed to finish up a project before I headed into the city allowing myself to enjoy myself guilt free. Then DH sent me to a Japanese grocery store on the way back to Grand Central for something we hadn’t been able to find in the international section of our local stores.

4 Likes

Next time, for sure!!

2 Likes

Maybe in the future, I will plan travel around meetups! It sounds like a good time was had by all at the lunch.

2 Likes

Too bad I didn’t notice this thread until too late. I might have attended, because I actually recognize some of the names from years ago when I used to post here. I remember there was a NYC-area get-together maybe a dozen or 15 years ago or so that I went to. Maybe in Westchester? Probably before I moved back to Manhattan in 2010, because I would still have had a car.

Maybe I’ll go if there’s another one.

I’m glad you all had a good time.

3 Likes

I messaged this to those of us who met up, but would also like to share here:
Ok, all, I had a late lunch at my favorite Manhattan Chinatown restaurant, now called Deluxe Green Bo (many variations on that name over the years). It’s at 66 Bayard St., near all the various Chinatown subway stops. I am a terrible photographer but here’s a photo of a round table, with some of the food we had as well.

If we decide to have Chinese food again at our next get-together, I think this would be a good place.

1 Like

Glad you guys had such a great time. Wish I lived closer! If you keep meeting every once in awhile, rotating types of food could also be fun. Mexican, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Greek, Japanese, etc. Manhattan certainly has plenty of options. Seems like most of you came from outside Manhattan and sounds like meeting near Grand Central worked out well. Have fun deciding on your next meetup!

2 Likes

The nice thing about NYC is that there are tons of restaurants from which to choose. I loved where we were…really enjoyed the food a lot. And the rest of the group can tell you…it was a really inexpensive lunch in NYC…at least I thought it was!

5 Likes