NYC Meetup

Actually, I couldn’t believe how cheap it was!

2 Likes

But for sure I am open to other kinds of food! I know an amazing Italian place near my apartment in Bay Ridge with the best pizza ever (IMHO). My future son-in-law is a huge fan.

There’s another really good restaurant with a similar menu at the other end of Brooklyn, near the Navy Yard. Not so far from the F train at York St. or the G at Clinton Washington, and there are buses.
https://www.ilportobrooklyn.com/categories.php

All of these places are a good choice for a 2 pm seating.

Oh, and there’s this place in Williamsburg, one stop from Manhattan on the L train which runs along 14th St. A little pricier but just amazing food.

1 Like

I vote any cuisine, but near Grand Central . . .

3 Likes

@cinnamon, I had a doctor’s appointment today near Grand Central and it took me 15 minutes to get to Deluxe Green Bo. 4-5 to 14th St., then 6 train to Canal.

True, but I will have already been traveling 2 1/2 hours to get to Grand Central. I am not enthusiastic about adding more time onto my trip.

1 Like

@oldmom4896 , Most seem to not be as close to you to Manhattan as the others. Taking a train into the city from an hour or two away and then having to take another train or bus or subway on top of that would not be my cup of tea! But, it is up to your group to decide, certainly not me!

Edit-Just saw @cinnamon1212 post. Agree. Long trip for some and I applaud those of you that made the effort to travel so far to your meetup!

For sure I am open to suggestions in Manhattan near Grand Central! I have a friend who recently retired from a job at a major law firm with offices very close to Grand Central. I will ask her for suggestions. And I am not averse to taking the train from Grand Central or Penn Station to the burbs!

@oldfort, do you have suggestions for other kinds of food near Grand Central?

1 Like