NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

For everyone wondering I think spring and summer doesn’t mean rejection for sure, it could be a waitlist, but as far as it looks not an acceptance :((

1 Like

tbh spring + summer and just having summer is probably just the same bc of that

Yep! I’m a commuter and have Academic Year 2021-2022 as “waitlist undergraduate”

1 Like

on the NYU site it looks like waitlist undergraduate is for those who are on the waitlist for housing, aka you aren’t guaranteed housing for whatever reason. i’m thinking this must be a positive indicator since you can’t be considered for housing if you didn’t get in

1 Like

oh that’s pretty interesting. thank you!

1 Like

makes sense to me!

Commuter here, with waitlist undergraduate!

2 Likes

But is also can’t be a bad thing if u don’t have it then? Like ppl may have gotten in even if they don’t have it?

2 Likes

from what i can see on the NYU 2024 forum it looks like waitlist undergraduate was one of the only accurate indicators for RD. also i believe someone said here a while ago that they got in RD last year and they were pretty sure ‘waitlist undergraduate’ was their indicator that they got in

But not into cas, most were deferred into LS or tandon.

interesting! guess it makes sense though considering how competitive CAS is

Is it safe to click on summer 2021 NYU then access application?

It’s crazy because CAS isn’t even the most competitive school at NYU

well it’s way more competitive than tandon

2 Likes

i hope so ^^

Hi everyone, WOW… this site is hopping. I am completely lost. So 1 turquoise button is good or bad? I have no idea about spring/summer, housing or CAS advising. DD originally applied to Tisch, but switched her major, to Psychology, so I guess College of arts and sciences? Honestly not expecting an acceptance, due to switching to 2nd choice major.

1 Like

welcome!! we believe 1 turquoise button means a decision has been made for you. if you have 1 button and hop into the housing portal at housing.nyu.edu/apply and you see summer + academic year we think it may be a positive indicator. however if spring + summer are present the theory is that you were rejected/waitlisted

Is it safe to click on view application for summer 2021 NYU

did 2024 have portal indicators

interesting, yes spring and summer 2021 is present - But fall applicants will not be entering during any of those semesters or need housing. not expecting an acceptance.